cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM58 Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW Gurus,

I want to explore transaction SM58. SM13 and SMQ1. In one interview they asked abt this transaction. i don't have any SAP R/3 System. Wht we information we can get from this. how can i use these transaction while monitoring DataLoads.

If any body can provide the information about this. I would be very very Happy.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The most common reason why I have used this transaction in the past is that when you cancel your load in BW and do not cancel the corresponding R/3 job it will continue to keep pushing/stacking those tRFCs. Few times I cancelled the job in R/3, but later on noticed that the tRFCs were there and the R/3 system was trying to push it to BW. So, when you cancel the R/3 job, make sure there are no pending tRFCs waiting to be transmitted. If there are, you have to cancel those as well.

Yes, they are available for master and transactional data. In the SM58 tran, under EDIT, you can delete the tRFC, reset status, execute/push it manually or debug the process. One other helpful feature of this transaction is that you can find out the true size of your data being transmitted. Oh, you can also go to SMQ1 from this transaction.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

SM58 - Transactional RFC (Remote Function Call). BW uses tRFC for data transmission and this transaction will list all the RFCs associated with a request. You can get details like target system, status, RFC id, etc. so that you can check in BW whether there was any errror with the RFC.

SMQ1 - is the outbound queued RFC monitor. This will show all the queued delta entries waiting to be transmitted on the next delta.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Nice to see your Message. i will explain my problem. You told me that you will get informationlike RFC destination, Status, RFC ID etc. Apart from this wht information we can get from SM58. Take the one LUW is pending with Errors. How will you reslove this. How you will process these. Is it available for both Master data as well as Transactional Data. I thinking it will available for both. If you can provide more information. I would be very happy.

Thanks in Advance.

regards,

Nagesh.