I have two questions to confirm that I got from my customer.
1. In the data provisioning window, there are options like
- Start Load
- Start Replication
- Stop Load / Replication
- Suspend Load / Replication
- Resume Load / Replication
Is it possible to block the authorization by options within this screen? In other words, can someone perform all the options above except 'Stop Load / Replication' for example? I believe it is not possible because once one gets authorization to data provisioning, that person can perform all of the tasks in the screen but I would like to confirm.
2. When creating a SLT configuration, you should define
- Number of data transfer jobs
- Number of initial load jobs
- Number of calculation jobs
Are the number of initial load jobs and calculation jobs is part of number of data transfer jobs?
For example, let's say 25 is defined for data transfer jobs then out of 25 data transfer jobs, you can assign x number of jobs for the initial load and y number of jobs for calculation jobs or are those totally independent? In the old DMIS releases, it was the first case where you define the number of initial load jobs from the number of data transfer jobs. Is it still the case with DMIS 2011 SP7 or higher?
1. Regarding the first question, we need to find out the Auth Object that control's the access to the features in LTRC. Once we know which object has which access then we can easily control the Access to all the users for Stop Load/Replication. Personally I never tried as it was given to basis and we know what we need to do.
2. Regarding the Second Question for number of jobs defined in the initial configuration. Initial Load Jobs are dependent on the Data Transfer Jobs but not the calculation jobs. For eg: you can define 20 For Data Transfer and out of 20, you can define 15 for Initial Load. You can define Calculation for eg : 10 . But make sure you have enough BG available in the system when you define these jobs..
You can always plays with these jobs dynamically and don't have to stop the configuration to take affect. You can define more Calculation jobs when you parallelize the initial load and split calculation jobs and less Initial and Load jobs. Once the Calculations are completed, BG WP's are free and then you can increase Data Transfer/Initial load jobs.
Hope this answers your questions.