cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow performance on DB2 10.1 + SAP ERP 6 EHp 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Currently, I am doing some stress test on my new SAP production server. I am using AIX 7.1 installed with SAP ERP 6 EHP 5 + DB2 10.1 (for my DB instance) and 2 application server.

Sometimes, I am facing slow performance on my SAP server while my end user input their transaction.

I am doing some investigation and found on DBACOCKPIT that some work process is doing internal V lock.

I have found this SAP Note 1338478 - DB6: Slow DB Performance due to Internal V Locks. It said that this could be happened on high workload system and they told me to set this parameter (dbs/db6/dbsl_accounting = 0).

Unfortunately, this parameter is not available on my system (I try to search using RZ11).

Is there any guide for this ?

Thank you

Ardhian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ardhian,

As the SAP note is from 2009 it is unlikely that the same APAR exists in v10

Are your locklist etc parameter settings as recommended in SAP Note 1692571

You can also use the automatc check tool as per

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14454

regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I have read SAP Note 1692571 and I think I have them implemented on my system (although I check them manually). I also use STMM = YES so I don't have many parameter to tune.

I'll try to connect my system directly to OSS system and check my parameter directly.

Thank you for your advice.

Ardhian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I have read SAP Note 1692571 and I think I have them implemented on my system (although I check them manually). I also use STMM = YES so I don't have many parameter to tune.

I'll try to connect my system directly to OSS system and check my parameter directly.

Thank you for your advice.

Ardhian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I have implemented DB2 parameter tools and follow their recommendation.

But I still experiencing that case (internal V lock).

Ardhian

Frank-Martin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ardhian,

do you know which SQL statements are executed when you observe the internal V locks? ARe the underlying tables touched by runstats recently?

Please also check the size of your package cache. I too small cache may lead to intrenal reprepares.

The same applies to the catalog cache. If the catalog cache grows beyond the configured size Db2 may trigger real time statistics too often. In turn this may soft invalidate package cache entries.

Regards

Frank

Answers (0)