cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIA missing after in-place upgrade from Windows 2008 to Windows 2016 where 4.x is installed

Hi,

We've just upgraded our BI 4.x server from windows 2008 to windows 2016. After the upgrade, the SIA is no longer visible from the CCM. Seems like the SIA service was deleted. I saw there was a knowledge base article 2240788(SIA missing after in place upgrade) that describes a similar problem, but I dont have a S account to view the contents of this article. Can you help describe the solution suggested from this article? I think i will need to re-create the SIA but I am not sure how to go about doing this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a. In place OS upgrades like this are not recommended.
b. If you are managing BOE installations - you have to have an S account to get access to Knowledge base and SAP Support.

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a new Server Intelligence Agent.

1- Launch Central Configuration Manager (CCM).

2. Go to the Properties of Server Intelligence Agent (SIA).

3. Click on Add Node.

4. Enter the Node Name and SIA Port (Default 6410). [Node Name must be Unique not even the Node Name given at the time of installation]

5. Select Add Node with CMS and Default Servers and click Next.

6. Select Start a new temporary CMS and click Next.

7. Enter CMS Port (Default : 6400).

8. Specify the CMS System Database Data Source Name.

9. Enter the Cluster Key when requested and click Next.

10. Provide CMS Logon parameters and click Next.

11. Click Finish to start creating the SIA.

si_manb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ayman,

I've recently ran into a similar situation. I followed the steps above until step 8. Here, the DSN is to a SQL Anywhere DB instance. Is it normal that the username and password is required to connect to the DB at this stage? I just wanted to confirm as the password for the dba account is unknown (I've tried "sql" ) and I'm not sure where to go from here.

With BI platform 4.2 SP9 installed, we did an in-place upgrade from Server 2012 R2 to 2016 and SIA service was missing. From googling and forums posts on here, it seems it's a common issue. Do you know what the underlying reason for the service to be missing is? As a resolution to the issue here, I'm thinking of things I can do to prevent the service from being missing after an upgrade.

Other than that, if I was to do a side by side server upgrade, would i need the password for the SQL Anywhere DSN?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

Simon.