Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Parameters/Prompts on report...

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm working on Web Intelligence Rich Client 4.0 SP 4. I have four reports in my Webi Document and these four reports have four queries and their Parameters/Prompts as well. My object is to show Selected Date: From and To parameter/prompt on to the all four reports. If I use Pre-Defined (Prompt Summary) it shows all other Parameters/Prompts on report as well. But I wan to show Date (Parameter/Prompt) on the report only which the user have selected.

1. How should I be able to show prompt value on the report?

You assistance or valuable inputs will be appreciated.

Many thanks!!!

Tariq Ashraf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225163
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you can use UserResponse() function to hold the Prompt values and display.  just keep this in a cell and place in report as per your requirement.

eg,. UserResponse("<Prompt Text>") like UserResponse("Select From Date") to show from date.. output is of string type.. you can concatenate From date and to date in display.

Thanks,

Bala

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. As per your suggestion, I've inserted a blank cell and used the following formula: =UserResponse([Franchise];"New Cal Day"). I've checked the formula syntax and its correct one. Where Franchise is my report name and New Cal Day is the date Object/Dimension which has between operator and both from and to set to prompts: But still it is not showing any value on report and I have refreshed the Data Provider (Query) of Franchise report.

1. What should I do now?

2. Have I missed something?

Many Thanks!!!

Tariq Ashraf

former_member225163
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

The parameter for UserReponse() is the Prompt Text.

eg., when you run report, if it prompts for date with Prompt text "Select From Date", then use UserReponse("Select From Date") in blank cell to show the values entered by the user for From Date parameter.

Thanks,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Use the function like  =UserResponse("New Cal Day").  I assume that you mentioned "New Cal Day" is the prompt text and not the Dimension name.

The text between the quotes should be exactly the same text you used in prompt. It returns blank or nothing if the text doesn't match.

For your reference I have attached screenshot to find the prompt text.

=UserResponse("Enter BFD:") for this example

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

you don't need to specify report name and dimension in the UserResponse()

Just use UserResponse(" Prompt text") here in the prompt text mention Date related query prompt text.

Regards

Subbarao M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Even subbarao M and Bala Sankar Vasapalli replies are correct I feel, dont U thinkt so??

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

You are right and thanks to both of them. Since, Sunil reply was more elaborated with screen shot, that's why he was rewarded.

But plenty of thanks to all participants as well.

Many Thanks!!!

Tariq Ashraf