cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showin a variable description for an info-object depending on a user login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client requirement is to show a variable description for an info-object depending on a user login.

e.g. a Characteristic Name is Level1 with a description as 'Level1'. If a user in Canada logs in and see a BEx report he should be able to see the description for infoobject Level1 as 'Cost center'. A user in US may wish to see the description as 'Expense center' etc. etc.

Is it possible to do so ? If yes please let me know ASAP.

Do not get confused with language dependant texts.

Regards,

K.Manikandan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank You very much for your reply, as you said I created an infoobjects Obj1 and obj2 and I have componded the infoobject obj2 to obj1 and then I have chosen the property "Authorization Relevant" in the infoobject.

I am not sure how to associate this to user login to this.

Can you please help.

Regards,

K.Manikandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the below procedure for setting up authorization for the InfoObject COMP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a0/48f438f3422f2ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it is possible through standard functionality, but maybe you could try a workaround.

Create a Characteristic (say COMP) with text, and compound it with Infoobject Level1. The values and description for COMP could be

US Cost Center

CN Expense Center

You could make COMP an Authorisation relevant object and check the same with regard to user login, so that the people of sepecific country see only description relevant to their COMP.

In the report Display COMP as Description and Level1 as Key.

But do not that compounding may have an impact on the performance, also look into the implications of the same if you need to do it for a large number of reports/objects.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Anurag

......don't forget to assign points if it helps......