cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show/Suppress Grouping Header or Footer based on Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to set up a user Parameter that will hide the details or a Group Footer. Can some one point me in the right direction?

I can't seem to find where you set the groupings visibabilty property to false?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the Report Menu > Selection Formulas > Group

Enter in a formula similar to the following;

{?Group Visibilty} = "yes"

Group selection works just like suppression but will suppress the GH, GF, and details in the group occurrence.

If you still want the details to appear for that grouping then go to the section expert and conditionally suppress the GH and GF based on the parameter value

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not quite sure, how to call what level I am wanting to set to visible.

My Parameter is titled {?ShowGrpHd#1}

So under the grouping editor, What would I put?

Do I need to set the visabililty to show or suppress on the report?

not sure if this matters but I am using V8

Edited by: Ashley Hightower on Jul 11, 2008 8:35 PM

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashley,

I'm not sure what the possible values are for the parameter, I am assuming there are default values similar to yes/no or show/hide.

Depending one what the value are you can conditionally suppress a section by going into the section expert and across from Suppress go into the formula editor and enter a formula similar to {?ShowGrpHd#1}

= "hide"

If the user selects hide then the suppression formula will be true and the section will suppress.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashley,

Go into the section expert and click the details or group footer section. From there use the suppress option, but don't check the box-you have to write a formula for it (press the X-2).

The formula would be something like:

{@ypur_param} = "Param"

If you're doing the two subreports next to each other you would want to right click the subreports and write the supression formula there.