cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we migrate BI Content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A non-SAP instructor for BW310 recommended that we upgrade all BI Content that we are going to use to BI 7.0. We have also had the same recommendation from our SI. After trying to update a few, we quickly came to realize that the migration process will not migrate the update rules or transformation rules. Therefore on really complex cubes that have dozens of transformation routines, we are looking at a huge task list. I am curious to what others are doing. Do you recommend upgrading the BI Content? Or should we wait until SAP gets around to migrating it for us? Is that ever going to happen? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Do you recommend upgrading the BI Content?

yes.the objects that you are using.

2.should we wait until SAP gets around to migrating it for us?

i didn't get you.SAP wont migrate objects for particular clients.

3.Is that ever going to happen?

yes.but routines and user exits have to be converted into OO ABAP.Migration depends on the factors like routines,no of transformations and no of data sources.

you can still use the existing mechanism but SAP recommends to migrate your work to 7.0.because infuture SAP will stop support for 3.x versions.

srinivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For custom codes, you need to change code yourself like if you have routine where you are not using header lines, then you need to write in accordance with OOPS concept i.e BI 7.0 standards, if system cant propse code accordingly.

It depends, if you think you can live without new functionlaities of transformations, then you can leave and go as time permits..Also you can use Emulation to use new functionlaities withour migrating to new DS..

hope it helps

Gaurav

Message was edited by:

Gaurav