Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup tables

former_member185071
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Every body

I want one good clarification abt setuptables.I know they are used in LO for setting init option.But i dont know what xactly going on setup tables.how can we load and dump it.Could any one give me the clarification.If any docs Mail me: sapbwsource@gmail.com

Thanx IN advance

Best regaards

Krish

Bangalore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member619464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Setup tables are kind of interface between the extractor and application tables. LO extractor takes data from set up table while initalization and full upload and hitting the application table for selection is avoided. As these tables are required only for full and init load, you can delete the data after loading in order to avoid duplicate data. Setup tables are filled with data from application tables.The setup tables sit on top of the actual applcation tables(i.e the OLTP tables storing transaction records).During the Setup run, these setup tables are filled. NOrmally it's a good practice to delete the existing setup tables before executing the setup runs so as to avoid duplicate records for the same selections.

The init loads in BW pull data from the set up tables. The setup tables are only used in case of first init/full loads.

Hope it helps...let me know

Regards,

RV.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

frnds !thank you so much for the fast reply

how to give reward points??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

Please go through this thread

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krish,

I have sent a link. Check it out..

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you have to fill the setup table by using tcode OLI*BW. where * represents application number.

CHeers

Shiva