cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up the Repository Manager for BW Documents and BW Metadata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are Implementing EP7.0.As per the integration step by step document Step # 10 is "Setting Up the Repository Manager for BW Documents and BW Metadata".

I'm following the steps from the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/66/741a403233dd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

As per the steps

2. Start the iView System Administration ® System Configuration ® Knowledge Management ® Content Management.

3. Choose Content Management ® Repository Managers.

4. Under Classes, choose BW Document Repository.

BUt I couldn't find the BW Document Repository Manager under Content Mangement->Repository Manger.

Could you please help me to complete the above step.

My BW Version is SAP Netweaver 2004s and EP7.0

Thanks

Ganesh

Message was edited by:

Ganesh S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

If you are using Ep7 then when you go to the path, in repository managers, you wil find BI Document repository and BI metedata repository. You have to use these for creating a repository.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameya for the reply.

I'm navigating through the following path:

System Administration -> System Configuration -> Knowledge Management -> Content Management->Repository Managers.

In the repository managers I couldn't find the subareas BI Document repository and BI metadata repository.

I could find the subareas like CAF Repository ,CM Repository,File System Repository etc.But I couldn't find the subareas BI Document repository and BI metadata repository.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those two are the first and second option in repository managers, its there as a BW for EP6 but BI for EP7, i can see those options on my portal..I suppose you are using host name to access the portal, if it still doesnt comes up then please have a restart because those option are available there.

For any more issues kindly update this thread

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again..

I have also restarted the portal server and checked.Still I couldn't find those two options.

We have followed the documents for BW EP integration and made settings in the J2EE Visual administrator selected as "Default " system with port:50104.

We are accessing portal through the following link:http://<hostname>:50100/irj/portal.

We couldn't access 50104 through URL.That could be an issue?

Please clarify.

Message was edited by:

Ganesh S

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think that port unaccessability can be an issue, you should folllow following steps, also please check that the user id with which you are accessing your application has enough of authorisations to access CM, or else assign the respective roles.

--> Create RFC Destination in J2EE Engine

--> Create RFC Destination for the Portal

--> Maintain Portal Server Settings for the Portal

--> Maintain Single Sign-On in the BI System

--> Export BW Certificate to the BI System

--> Import BW Certificate to the Portal

--> Create BW System in the Portal

---> Configure User Management in the Portal

-->Export Portal Certificate to the Portal

--> Import Portal Certificate to the BI System

--> Set Up Repository Manager for BW in the Portal

--> Maintain User Mapping in the Portal

--> Import SAP Basis Plug-In to the BI System

These are the steps to be followed, and the one you are doing is third last stpe that means u are almost done with it. kindly check you have performed all the steps.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have followed the steps in the document and completed the below steps as per the document.

--> Create RFC Destination in J2EE Engine

--> Create RFC Destination for the Portal

--> Maintain Portal Server Settings for the Portal

--> Maintain Single Sign-On in the BI System

--> Export BW Certificate to the BI System

--> Import BW Certificate to the Portal

--> Create BW System in the Portal

---> Configure User Management in the Portal

-->Export Portal Certificate to the Portal

--> Import Portal Certificate to the BI System

Yes you are right.At present at step 11 and done with the previous steps as per document.At present having issue with the step 11 only.

I'm accessing portal using "Administrator " user id.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its really strange the you sre not able to see those two options, even though u didnt perform all these tasks these options should be there in repository managers..

Regards,

Ameya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

We are facing a similar issue that you had faced. Could you please guide me as to how you resolved this issue? We are also not able to see the BI document repository in portal

Thanks & regards

HGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolution : On the portal side, the BI-Java componant was missing. On installing this componant we could see both the folders in respositor manager.

Thanks