this is there is documentation, I not sure if its ther in 11.5.3 docs also, if you have access to following link you can check the 11.7 documentation, the SSL configuration for web server is not different in 11.5 in 11.7
search for "configure the Tomcat Web server" in the doc
It took a little work, but I was able to get HTTPS working in Windows on my laptop using the instructions in that document. Thanks!
It turns out that the certificate keystore needs to be in the home directory of the user under which Tomcat is running.
I solved the problem by following these steps after I created the certificate keystore and uncommented the SSL Connector code in Server.xml (as specified in the doc):
1. Create a new user (TomcatUser) and giving that user admin rights (using Windows' local user manager)
2. Change the Tomcat service to run as this new user. (using Windows Services console)
3. Restart the Tomcat service. (this creates the home directory C:\Documents and Settings\TomcatUser)
4. Copy the .keystore file from your regular user's home directory to the TomcatUser's home directory (C:\Documents and Settings\TomcatUser).
5. Restart the Tomcat service again.
Now I just need to get it to work in HP-UX.