cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Active Directory as a LDAP to User Storage on Portal 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Im trying to set up an Active Directory in the portal.

Under System Configuration -> Um Configuration -> LDAP Server I have filled in the servername, Port, User and Password.. Now im trying to browse for the User Path, but then i get the Exception: Exception while browsing the directory server. Check the provided credentials. [servername:513]

I am sure the servername is correct, and username and password, cause im able to make a remote desktop to the server. I am not sure about the port. In the sevices file on the AD, I can see that the login port is 513. Is this the port I should use?

Or should i set the Data Source first in the portal to Read-Only Microsoft ADS (Flat Hierarchy) + Database (using the dataSourceConfiguration_ads_readonly_db.xml as the configuration file)?

If i do so, and restart the server, the cluster doesnt come up.

Got any suggestion of what could be wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristoffer,

you need to specify the LDAP Server parameters before switching the Data Source, so you started correctly.

The default port for LDAP is 389 so I would give it a try with this one. I always use a free tool to check the connection to the LDAP and to browse and find the OU for the user and groups path. (Actually I don't use the integrated browser for that).

You can download such a free LDAP Browser from here: http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/download.html

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Robert!

I manage now to browse for the user and group path, and the connection works fine.

Whats left is to define the DataSource?

Should i choose flat or deep hirarchy of the Microsoft ADS? And what configuration is needed for the XML file, when no modification is made on the AD server?

Best Regards

Kristoffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Robert!

I manage now to browse for the user and group path, and the connection works fine.

Should i choose flat or deep hirarchy of the Microsoft ADS? And what configuration is needed for the XML file, when no modification is made on the AD server?

Best Regards

Kristoffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Robert!

Best Regards

Kristoffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristoffer,

you should choose Flat hirearchy in Microsoft ADS .

PS:Reward points please

Regards,

Naveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

But a Flat hirearchy makes the cluster not start. Or should i do some changes in the datasource configuration file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your MADS administrator that what kind of hirearchy they uses .

This document will help in finding what kind of hirarchy you have in your system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/09/c5ee407552742ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

This will help you to solve the problem.

PS:Reward Point Please

Regards,

Naveen Gupta

Message was edited by: Naveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Then i have a deep hirarchy according to your link.

Got any idea what i should doo with the datasource configuration xml file? Should i change the usermapping if i have not done any changes in AD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you dont have to do any changes in ur xml file , nor u have to change the user mapping.

Just configure ldap and it will show all the user in your portal.

PS:Reward point please

Regards,

Naveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx !

I have tested the connection to AD on the LDAP menu in Portal, and it says connection successfull. I have also set Microsoft ADS (Deep Hierarchy) + Database as datasource.

What more should be done to be able to get the users in the portal?

I have given your some more points now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In UME Configuration set the User path and Group path of the particular group of user you want to give access to portal.

This will show user in your portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set the right user and group path.. but I am not able to browse the user.. I can browse it from an LDAP browser i have installed by given the path i have described in the portal.. but from the portal i am not able to do this.

Got any suggestion of what could be wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using SP 15 than this problem will remain.

Upgrade to Sp 16 for complete solutions.

Regards,

Naveen gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had to change the uid to samaccountname in the configtool.

It works fine now !

Thank you all for your help !

Answers (0)