Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting in Query Designer to close all the levels in hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a hierarchy with upto 8 Levels.

In Query Designer i had a Selection Restrictions on hierarchy,I selected few nodes (each will have upto 7 level).

When i execute the report the first node is expanding upto the Level 7 and other nodes are stay close...

I checked and tried all the setting Expand to level 0....etc

Its not working.

How can i achive

When the user executes the report...data will be dispayed and all the restricted nodes will be displayed as closed...and option to the user to expand.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not understand your issue. How many hierarchies you are using?

As per my understanding for eg, if you have given the level upto 3 then in the selection screen of the report , you will have the option to select upto 3 levels. So, if you make it upto level 0, then how can you select the level upto 7?

Could you please elaborate

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to RSH1 transaction. Go to your Hierarchy. Choose your hierarchy in change mode press Hierarchy attributes buttion. Enter 00 as drilldown start level in the new dialog appearing when your press Hierarchy attributes button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDBI,

Thanks for the Update...

Go to RSH1 transaction. Go to your Hierarchy. Choose your hierarchy in change mode press Hierarchy attributes buttion. Enter 00 as drilldown start level in the new dialog appearing when your press Hierarchy attributes button.

It worked..but not for 00....it worked for '01'.

Could you please explain me in bit detail what is the functionality of that setting...

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do this setting, it defines when the hierarchy is drilled down in the report, it should be displayed by expanding the node to the defined level.

The same setting is available in the query designer, so if you want to define it at query level then go to the properties of the object in the designer. Under Hierarchy tab and select "Expand to level".

Regards,

Kams