cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting an alert for individual cells

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one column of data coming back from a web service.

There is 10 rows in this column.

I want to display the data in a simple grid, or spreadsheet view.

How can I set it up in Xcelsius so that I can have individual coloured alerts for each cell?

- each cell can have different thresholds.

- each cell can be red, green or yellow depending on its own threshold.

So for the first row, I might want it so that if the value is 30, then this is green, but on the second row, a value of 30 could mean red.

Does this make sense?

I did find something about conditional formatting, but it involved charts and I just want to do it on a spreadhsheet...

Edited by: sterankin on Feb 18, 2011 6:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I had looked at the scorecard but wasn't aware that you could have different alerts for individual cells?

I thought you could only have different alerts for each column... could you explain ow to change the alerts so that each cell in a column can have a different alert?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the entire data first > then go to the alert section of the score card > Select the columns for alerts (check boxes) > Now select the alert values as that the concerned column > (And if you have different key figure at each row then you need to have some reference for each row that can be used as percentage calculation) now select those reference cells as the percentage of the target and on the alert section you ll find that alerts can be icons as well as that of colour code select the right hand side check box. (If you want to change the colour code then dis select the enable auto colour code)

good luck & keep posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply - I am still unsure on how to do this as your example wasn't very clear.

Is there anyway you could talk me through it step by step?

For the scorecard I have selected 'Alerts', and I have chosen the columns which I want to alert on.

I am still not sure how to setup different alerts for each row in the columns.

e.g. for cell 1 in the column: I want it to be green if less than 30, yellow if its between 31 and 80 and red if the value is greater than 80.

for cell 2 in the column: I want it to be green if less than 20, yellow if its between 21 and 100 and red if the value is greater than 100.

for cell 3 in the column: I want it to be green if less than 50, yellow if its between 51 and 150 and red if the value is greater than 150.

Can you take me through this step by step?

Thanks

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to tell you that you can use data for display and some other cell as a reference for alerts (wont be displayed on the scorecard).

1. Select Data for scorecard.

2. Select check box of columns for alerts.

3. Select check box below add button.

4. now change the range on alerts (manual entry) green 0-30, yellow 30-80 and red 80- maximum.

5. select by value radio button.

accordion to your requirement , use a column for alert reference (do some checking as below and populate value accordingly)

e.g. for cell 1 in the column: I want it to be green if less than 30, yellow if its between 31 and 80 and red if the value is greater than 80.

for cell 2 in the column: I want it to be green if less than 20, yellow if its between 21 and 100 and red if the value is greater than 100.

for cell 3 in the column: I want it to be green if less than 50, yellow if its between 51 and 150 and red if the value is greater than 150.

See the below example, starts from A2 and put formulas on cell C2,C3,C4...

Example:

A 30 =IF(B2<31,30,IF(B2<81,80,99))

B 23 =IF(B3<21,30,IF(B3<101,70,99))

C 156 =IF(B4<51,30,IF(B4<151,70,99))

If conditions gives you value in required range.

6. Select C2 to C3 for By Value selector.

I guess now you can change the if conditions according to your requirement.

Good Luck & Keep Posting.

Regards.

Note:- Points are always appreciated, so depending upon the amount of help get are getting you can award points for each consecutive help. This practice make sure that you get more help form more people.

Edited by: Debjit_Singha_86 on Feb 21, 2011 4:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I get it now!

I'm still new to all this...

Answers (0)