cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

During LO extraction for full upload we will not fill any Set up tables and for Delta we will fill the set up tables. and think that I am having requirement only for full upload, then I think there is an option in OLI*BW t code.( I am not sure).

Correct me if I am wrong in the above scnerios.

Any

suggesions , answeres will be helpfull..

please.........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu!

We need to fill the setup tables in r/3 to perform Full Update and Initialize Delta Process in BW side.if we go for Delta update the picks from RSA7.So it must and should fill the Setup tables for extracting data from r/3 to BW.for that we have a T.Code OLI*BW.that * can be replaced by any number with respect to individual application areas.

Ex: Sales Order(11):OLI7BW

Deliveries(12):OLI8bw

Billing(13):OLI9bw

hopes it helps you....award me the points....

Best Regards

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Robert,

That means for full update first data will be filled into setup tables and after we will initialize delta and there by we will go for DELTA am I right..?

Correct me if I am wrong..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Statistical data is everything related to the past you need to load in BW for your initial/full load... (this is a LIS terminology...)

For full update you need to fill setup table with what you need to upload in the full update.

For delta update, you need to fill setup table, execute the initial load and then go for delta (and setup tables content doesn't help any more..)

Hope now is clearer...

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

As u said, setup tables are used for full updat or init of delta. Then while doing delta update how the data is taken and how it is filled.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

As u said, setup tables are used for full updat or init of delta. Then while doing delta update how the data is taken and how it is filled.

Thanks

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

as already explained in several old posts inside these forums (but no problem to remind everything for us!), you have to fill setup tables (via OLI*BW transactions) in order to do an initial load (delta init) and for a full.

So, if you want to do delta loads, you have to do before an init and, to do an init, you have to do a setup job (OLI*BW job).

The only situation in which you have no need to do a setup job is when you start to use your R/3 at the same time of your BW (big bang approach, a go-live both for R/3 and for BW!): in this case, it's enough to do an init without data transfer and setup tables will remain empty (since there is no data !!!)

Hope now is clearer...

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setup tables are filled with statistical data. for full upload also you need to fill the setup tables. I am not sure about the Tcode OLI*BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx PVR

first of all clarify what is Statistical Data.?