cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session problem in BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Stateful BSP application running from portal.

In this application INIT method is not called.

Do_REQUEST is the first method to get executed.

While testing in portal I logon with user id user1, after some testing, I logout using logout button from the portal and re-login with user2. But the application continues the execution in user1 login. This does not occur when DO_INIT is used. Please suggest what could be the reason?

Regards

Jyoti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ulli_Hoffmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

it seems your logoff doesn't work correctly in the BSP application.

To check this run your application outside the portal.

Check TA SM04 after you've closed the browser window. Is the session gone?

If not, look at BSP application 'system', integrate 'session_single_frame.htm' into you application,

some documentation is included as comment, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/6b/9d91d062cc52419f23926ff1bf2ad3/content.htm for more.

After you have done this, test again. If the session is gone after you've closed the browser window,

repeat the test from the portal using the 'logoff' link.

regards,

Ulli

Message was edited by: Ulli Hoffmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulli ,

I am Greetson . Jyoti's team mate. Still the logoff the BSP sessions not working even after implementing the code given in the url u mentioned http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/6b/9d91d062cc52419f23926ff1bf2ad3/content.htm .

What may be the issue? we are using MVC pattern for all our Applications. Is the logic given will work only for Page flow logic?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Greetson

Ulli_Hoffmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greetson,

in that regard there is no difference between pages with flow logic and MVC. Have a look at bsp applications 'itsm' and 'bsp_model'. These apps implement session management. Figure out what is missing in your case. Write a little test application with which you get session management to work. Then apply the changes to your real application.

regards,

Ulli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulli,

Thanks.

Session logoff works with the code given int he link.

We have used MVC model and it works.

Thanks

Jyoti.

Ulli_Hoffmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

great to hear that everything works. Pleas mark the thread as 'solved' since session management is a popular topic and that others know that they can find help here.

And not to forget, sponsor some points.

regards,

Ulli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

You marked the question as answered, so please assign contributor points too. I did this time, but you can change them.

See: <u>/people/mark.finnern/blog/2004/08/10/spread-the-love for directions.

Click on the yellow Star icon per reply. You can give:

1 - 10 pts (Which marks the question as answered)

2 - 6 pts (Very helpful)

Lots of 2 pts (Helpful)

It's just a little thank you for the responses.

Thanks!

Joan (and Mark Finnern)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulli,

If we use pop-up blocker then the session management code won't work. Is there any alternative for this to work eventhough the browser pop-up blocker is turned on??

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Greetson

Ulli_Hoffmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greetson,

there is an inline logoff example implemented in application ITSM. Using this, session handling should work even with popup blocker turned on.

However, it was just added recently. I assume you would need at least SP44 to get the coding.

regards,

Ulli