Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servlet based custom integrations adapter for SAP Integration Suite

diana_lights
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did not find any information, nor guidance regarding how to create a custom adapter which exposes an HTTP endpoint. The only available tutorial or articles refer only to how to implement a sample adapter or an adapter reusing a camel component.

As far as I know, in order to be able to call the integration flow though an HTTP endpoint, the adapter has to be servlet based. Or in other words, the CamelHttpTransportServlet has to be implemented somehow. This class is part of the Servlet camel component. However, creating an adapter using this component itself is not sufficient for exposing an HTTP endpoint. There are maybe more configurations that are needed. The Camel documentation regarding this component says that this servlet has to be registered either using web.xml file or OSGI service. But the web.xml file has to be a part of servlet container. Are we supposed to add a servlet container in the adapter? Or is there an embedded servlet container out-of-the-box in the implementation of an iFlow?

I would really appreciate if someone could share ideas, thoughts or guidance on how to approach this problems.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am intrigued by the requirement. If your custom adapter also has to expose a HTTP endpoint, why not used the standard adapter and keep your adapter logic as part of the iFlow itself? End of the day you have access to all of the data that is coming from the adapter in your iFlow.

Love to know the requirement driver.

diana_lights
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was following the steps through the official SAP documentation of the following sections: Enabling Endpoint Visualization for Custom Adapter | SAP Help Portal and Enabling Authentication for Servlet Based Adapters | SAP Help Portal

So in order an exposed endpoint to be operational I suppose there would be a real HTTP endpoint. Aren`t these tutorials both related to a custom adapters with exposed HTTP endpoints?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand, that step is specifically to show your customer adapter end point (which my be exposed at other than /http/ or /csf/ etc.) in the iFlow monitoring screen, so that the user can copy the URL path.