cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaps,

We have number of systems in NT2K like R3, SRM and BIW and XI, we are thinking of migrating the servers onto same OS with different hostname.

I only found Note: 8307 regarding hostname change.

can any one tell me the main points to note and any good references?

What about the Registry Entries? any steps that need to take care about the NT services etc etc?

many many thanks for your valuable suggesions and advise...

Reg,

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat ,

As far as you are changing hostname of the system the SAP Note : 8307 is having sufficient information on how to .

What about the Registry Entries? - > There is no need to change in Registry Entries ..

All the best . ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathos,

Many Thanks for quick response, can you pl clarify me below points...

1 Registry==>SAP==> SID=> Environment=>SAPLOCALHOST

when is this gets changed?

2. About the interfaces if any other downstrea/upstream system stores the hostname (old hostname) then where to chaneg the corresponding changes? like SM59/SM37 in other systems and is there anywhere?

3. In XI there are lots of Hostname dependent files, this is unlike ERP/BW and SRm...does not it require any other special attention?

Reg,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat ,

Registry==>SAP==> SID=> Environment=>SAPLOCALHOST

when is this gets changed? -> Operating System will update the registry as you restart system ( If registry not get updated then only you will require to change the same manually )

2. About the interfaces if any other downstrea/upstream system stores the hostname (old hostname) then where to chaneg the corresponding changes? like SM59/SM37 in other systems and is there anywhere?

-> Of cource you have to trace the the destination which are executing using hostname , aslo you will require to change them manually .

3. In XI there are lots of Hostname dependent files, this is unlike ERP/BW and SRm...does not it require any other special attention?

-> Yes for example in SLD configuration , SLD Bridge ( T Code : SAPSLDCUST , RZ70 )

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santhos, pl also let me know if you cna point any other document?

do u know ntscmgr when do we get it use this? am an UNIX man and this is the 1st time that am using NT.

Reg, Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat ,

ntscmgr.exe - ntscmgr - the tool for for Start / Stop / Install / Remove service .

Regards ,

Santosh