cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server change name and need to know where to change the configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Want to check that if the web application and the database server has change the server name what we need to change in the BO app and also data intergrator edge xi3.1. Hope someone can assist me on this so that i won't need to re-install BO edge with data intergrator again. I cannot find any information anywhere that would inform me where to change. I really need it urgently.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is something that has plagued BusinessObjects Edge/Enterprise admins for a while--you can't change the server name for BusinessObjects XI 3.1 once it has been installed. There were some forum posts going around, with people trying with limited success but given the range of products and technologies in BusinessObjects (CR, Webi, Voyager, Xcelsius, QaaWS, Explorer, etc.) the server name is embedded in too many places to be able to successfully change the name. Your best bet would be to install BOE on a new server with the correct name then use the Import Wizard to swing the content over.

On the Data Integrator front, you could probably rename the server and then delete and recreate your DI Job Server-- most of the meta data for DI is stored in the local repository database, so you may have a shot. I would definitely test this theory out on a development machine before trying it in a production environment!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried renaming the Data Integrator and then delete and recreate your DI Job Server?