cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sendto Link Pointing to News Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got a problem with a sendto link inside an email.

We have a news scenario created with the XML Forms Builder.

Now we introduced a "SendTo"-functionality. When you receive an email, there is a link inside with the webdav path to the news itself.

By clicking on that path and after authentication, the generic XML is opening without being rendered to HTML. Obviously, this is very unpleasant for the end user.

As bad is the possibility to join the news as an attachment. Here the original xml file is sent...

Who can give me an advice?

We are currently on EP6 SP2 PL 31.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member748019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

please check, if you are using "XMLFormsRepositoryFilter" for your repository. You can find it at:

SystemAdmin->SystemConfig->KM->ContenManagement

->RepositoryFilters->XMLFormsRepositoryFilter

There, you can add to the filter instance "xmlforms_filter" additional repositories (do not forget to restart, after changing the settings).

Kind Regards

--Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

you got it!

In fact, I added the archive repository before, but missed the content repository...

Thank you very much for your help!

The only thing is now, that in case of sending an email with html attachment the html doesn't use my Stylesheet...

Do you have an idea?

(I am not sure if i can give you some more bonus points

Stefan

former_member748019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I am sure, that this issue should be fixed with an actual Patch (something like >=PL34).

Kind Regards

--Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

We will go to SP35 this weekend.

I will check this afterwards....

Thanks again,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

The Intallation of PL 35 (not SP35 went well.

The rendering is fine now.

Thank you one more time.

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

If what I understood is right(?) you have implemented your own SendTo functionality within your XMLForm.

And when the link is being generated, it points to the RAW xml.

This looks like a <b>semantically</b> wrong solution to me.

What I feel you should be doing is: insert a link in the mail, to the application/iView (instead of link to XML) within the portal that has the ability to understand the XML and render it. You may be passing the (webDav) location of the XML to this URL as attribute. Maybe you could generate the same URL link using the URLGeneratorService to do this for you(??).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ashish.