Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending workitems to wrong agents

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have developed a workflow.We are initiating the workflow from WEBDYNPRO ABAP application.

When ever we are initiating the workflow it is sending WORKITEMS to the wrong agents .Even though if i didn't specified the agents also it is sending WORKITEMS to the SAP inbox of agents.

Thanks

Harsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you very mush for your help guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are probably sending the work item to all possible agents (if you don't have any agent assignment defined in WF builder). If it is a general task, this means that all users in the system will see the work item. Check/maintain the agent assignment in transaction PFTC for the task.

Regards,

Karri

Edited by: Karri Kemppi on Nov 1, 2011 4:50 PM

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick info,

You are saying if we are noT assigned any agent in the workflow builder .It means it will send the workitems to all the possible agents in that particular system.OK i got it now.

How to send the workitems to the agents(from my webdynpro ABAP application) while i m initiating workflow from my webdynpro ABAP application.

Thanks,

Harsha

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the workflow itself you have to specify which agents it should go to. That should be part of the specification for the workflow. In some workflows you find, for example, the line manager of the initiator and send the workitem to them.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick info.

Could you please explain it more clearly.

Can we send the workitems to the specified agents

because dynamically i am getting those agents from z FUNCTION MODULES I need to send the workitems to the these agents form webdynpro ABAP application(Inititing the WORKFLOW from webdynpro ABAP application).

Thanks,

Harsha

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It doesn't matter if it is web dynpro or not, you specify the agents inside the workflow. Normally you would make a method (of a class or a BOR) that calls your function for determining the agent. Or you can call a rule (AC...) that calls that function.

It's workflow basics. Just look in any other workflow that you have.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you must have to mention them in 'possible agent' of the task. Then you use custom Rule in workflow step instead of z function from web dynpro application to determine agent.