cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Synchrously in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a help on a BPM. I am using a RFC synchronous interface, so I have opened a Sync-Async Bridge and then I have a SEND Synchronous step. In the Receiver Determination, what should be my Sender Interface. The Business Service is the IP, but no Synchronous Interface appears in the list if Sender Interfaces. Can you please help me out here?

Thanks,

Geetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

geetha

can check that u have activated the interface.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Then how should I proceed with the scenario?

Thanks,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha !

Check this thread for help:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

In your case, if your middle steps are webservice calls, because they are sync, you wouln't need to use an sync/async bridge.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a synchronous RFC which is mapped to another Intermediate Synchronous Interface( say ISI). The receive step of my BPM receives the request of ISI and is mapped to another Synchronous Interface which is a Web service ( using a SEND Synchronous STEP ) . After sending the request to Webservice , Webservice response is received . This response , after couple fo transformations is sent to the ISI Response from the BPM, which is in turn mapped to the RFC Response. Hope my explanation makes some sense. Now the problem is I am unable to do the reciever determination.

This is just a part of my scenario. I have to call another Web-service with the response from the first Web-service and the RFC Request. Thats why I need to use a BPM.

Thanks,

Geetha

Thanks,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha !

It makes sense now for BPM, but not for sync/async bridge.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a synchronous RFC which is mapped to another Intermediate Synchronous Interface( say ISI). The receive step of my BPM receives the request of ISI and is mapped to another Synchronous Interface which is a Web service ( using a SEND Synchronous STEP ) . After sending the request to Webservice , Webservice response is received . This response , after couple fo transformations is sent to the ISI Response from the BPM, which is in turn mapped to the RFC Response. Hope my explanation makes some sense. Now the problem is I am unable to do the reciever determination.

Thanks,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha !

Why are you using a sync-async bridge? as far as I understand, both ends of the scenario are sync. In fact, why are you using a BPM?

Is this your scenario: RFC-XI-Webservice ?

Regards,

Matias.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U r saying two things here.

1st tht u r using Sync-Async bridge

2nd tht u r using send sync step for RFC .

Now as it is a Sync Async step, the sender must be Sync. Now RFC is sync in behaviour, so ur sender must be RFC. If sender is RFC, y r u using Sync send step for calling RFC. Please clarify.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created and activated the interface, and only after that I have used in teh RECEIVE STEP of Open Sync-Async.

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha !

Could you explain your scenario in more detail? who is the sender, who is the receiver? is your synch RFC starting the BPM or is execute d from inside the BPM ?

If your sender is not a business system, maybe you have to add the interface message to the business service in integration directory.

Regards,

Matias.

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must to create a Synchrous Abstract Interface for this purpose. Delete criterial filters when you select this interface.

Regards

Edited by: Carlos Ivan Prieto Rubio on Dec 21, 2007 2:21 PM