cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send to - wrong file extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we´re trying to send a document (stored in a file system repository) within the portal (6.0.9.3.0 NW04 SPS09 Patch3). This works fine but the recipient get a mail with a wrong file extension.

We send a filename.doc and the recipient get a filename.doc.html

If we add more attachements in this email-dialog the new attached files have the right doc. extension

Do we have to configure this somewhere?

Thanks Susanne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

sendTo has been under heavy development, see SAP notes 837511, 816459, 820213, 855491; even if these are for EP6 SP2, on many issues has been worked in parallel for NW, so I would suggest to go to a higher SP level (9 is really old and beta/buggy). Additionally, this simply sounds like a bug.

If you hesitate to upgrade I would suggest to open an OSS message, so at least you would get the information if this is resolved in the meantime (and by which SP-level).

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Detlev,

thanks for your answer. I just opened an OSS message - hope they can help us.

Regards,

Susanne

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

What you're getting is most probably the expected behaviour(for your SPS) for sending a link to the document. You could check this by-

>>If we add more attachements in this email-dialog the >>new attached files have the right doc. extension

In the above case, make sure you add the other .doc attachments AS LINK, send the mail, open it in Outlook and see whether the other <b>.doc</b> files have also been changed to <b>*.doc.html</b>....

This is then the correct behaviour, since when you send a document from within a repository it is sent as a LINK(embedded within the html) to the document on the portal.

CAVEAT: The behaviour has changed in SPS13, with the above solution not working on IE patch with WindowsXP SP2. The current behaviour is that the link to the document is added in the message body itslef(in the HTML edit area).

Hope this answers all your doubts!

Regards,

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

I did what you told me and the doc-file has been changed to a doc.html file as you said. What I found out is that we can´t open the link - nothing happens. I only get an error (UNRESOLVED_HOSTNAME) when I´m trying to open the file in Outlook.

Is there a difference if the file is stored directly within the KM or stored in our Windows File System? What we need to do is send a .doc or .xls file as the file like it is - not as a link. This is necessary if we need to send files outside our company - they don´t have access to our portal.

Did I understand you right? We should update to SPS13. Which solution does not work with WindowsXP SP2? What we have right now or with SPS13?

Regards,

Susanne

Message was edited by: Susanne Zahn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suzanne,

Can you save the *.doc.html attachment from Outlook and open it in notepad? Just do a check to see whether the link inside is properly formed(this is where I suspect your error lies).

If it looks OK, copy-paste the link into IE nav bar... and see what happens.

If this works, then upgrading to SPS13 should solve the issue you're currently having. (If not, i'll need more details.. like the link etc.)

However, the even in >SPS13, the behaviour is that of sending AS LINK only. So the only way to send a copy to non-portal-users etc. is to manually open the AttachmentControl from within SendTo, navigate to desired resource(s) and ,add as copy'... But, a way to send COPY directly from hover-menus is in the pipeline and should be out in a future SPS.

Regards,

Ashish.

PS: Do reward points if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

if I copy the link into the IE nav bar the same happens - I still get the same error.

Here is the link - copied from Notepad:

Thanks for your help and the information about SPS13,

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

The link seems to be okay...

http://wsa1sv72.leonhard-weiss.de:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/portalcont...

*I've added the %20s in the URL above only for this post's rendering benefit...

If copy-pasting this into IE address bar doesn't work....

Can you navigate to the resource in Ep->details(hoverMenu)-> settings->Properties-> AccessLinks tab...

Copy paste the value of Target URL into your browser address bar and recheck...

If this also fails could you reply with the Target URl, the URL and of course whether you can access the EP from the client system your working on.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

well the URL from the properties also failed. I also get the error: UNRESOLVED_HOSTNAME

Here is the URL:

http://wsa1sv72.leonhard-weiss.de:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/portalcont... für anwender/anfahrtskizzen/anfahrt nürnberg.doc

I found out when I delete the "leonhard-weiss.de" in the URL, I get access to the document.

I don´t know what the Target URI is. We don´t have the EP for a long time - so I don´t have that much experience with it.

Regards,

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

Looks like you have some issues with the FQDN.

I don't know how this issue has occured or how to solve it on a permanent basis.

But What you could try is a work-around...

You have to add "*.leonhard-weiss.de" to the list of trusted sites.

In IE -> Tools -> Options -> Security tab -> Local Intranet -> Sites button -> Advanced -> type in "*.leonhard-weiss.de" and click “Add”.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

yes I guess we have the problem with the FQDN.

We can´t add *.leonhard-weiss.de to the trusted sites because then we can´t reach our website from our network.

So we will upgrade our SPS to 13 and see what happens next

Anyway thank you,

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Susanne,

IMHO, upgrading to higher patch level might be needed at the portal/engine level rather than KMC level to solve the FQDN issue.

However, it would be better to check with Notes/CSN message(??) as to which version solved it...

Cheers,

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I just opened an OSS Message and SAP answered that we should upgrade to SPS13.

Thanks,

Susanne