cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Mail Using Recip Type Expression not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a Send Mail Step Type and setting the Recipient Type to Organization Object and using an Expression. The container element I am using is a multiline container element of type WFSYST-ACT_AGENT. The container element contains Positions and the Send Mail Step executes successfully (not in error status) but no email is found in SCOT. I also set the Express parameter on the step and I am receiving the express message so I assume that it is resolving the Position to my employee number and then to my logon id (via communication infotype 0105/0001. I then went into PO13 and assigned my email address to my Position and still no luck.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you already validated that the step works with a different receiver type like User and Multiline elements in general?

Regs,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thats correct.

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob

I think you need to activate forwarding. This can be done by an administrator through SO36 or by the user in transaction SO12.

I do not think, (or at least I have never tried), that you can use an email assignment to the position or the person.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Morten! Setting the auto-forwarding for the user worked. However, I would think it would work without this setting since it sends the email if I use the User Name rather than a Position and it can resolve the Position to a user name.