cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send initial parameters to dropdown in wad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to send /active initial parameters to a dropdown in wad using the commands for dataproviders: SET_SELECTION_STATE and SET_SELECTION_STATE_SIMPLE and don´t take the configuration.

The propose is send initial parameters (fixed) for re-use same dataprovider that have the same strcuture for several levels of data based in a characteristic value.

Without javascripts code it is possible? I think that yes, but I can be configuring missing.

Basically, I need to send a initial value (not exit because is variable) for first filter and after the dropdown button will have the values normally for selection.

In addition, I need hidden some key figures. With the same dataprovider based in a query I add several analysis item with different key figures. Can I use some command for control this?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jeysi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member595061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeysi,

I just tried this with the command SET_SELECTION_STATE_SIMPLE. You set a specific characteristic of the data provider that the dropdown box refers to to a certain value. After sending the command the data provider is filtered to this value (on this characteristic). The dropdown box shows this value also.

As far as I have understood your question, this works fine. Can you please explain in more detail what issue you are facing. Maybe if you provide us with an example of what you want to achieve, it would be easier to help you.

Best regards,

Janine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janine,

This functionality is missing for me. I add the dropdown in the template and the data binding properties I select:

Data binding type = Char/Structure Member

In selection of characteristics I putted the next values:

Data provider = xxxxx

Characteristic = The char that I need t apply filter in the report

Display ALL entry = On and Off, when I verified.

Affected data provider = The same xxxxx (I thinked that this was the error but I take other with the same characteristics and nothing)

Additional action = default (for commands)

Execution point of time = before

Command= SET_SELECTION_STATE_SIMPLE

Target data provider = the same xxxxx

Data binding :

Characteristic = The char that I need t apply filter in the report

Sign = INCLUDING

Operator = EQUAL

Member_name = Value the filter that i need

I don´t know that is missing. The filter don´t nothing.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Jeysi Ascanio

former_member595061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeysi,

You need to add the command SET_SELECTION_STATE_SIMPLE in the ACTION_BEFORE_FIRST_RENDERING of the web template. In the WAD go to the Web Template parameters and search for 'Action Before First Display'. There you can select the command 'set_selection_state_simple' to filter your data provider to an initial value.

Best regards,

Janine

Answers (0)