cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a email using javascript wirhout a popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to send an email to a constatnt emial id whenusers opens a adobe orm in the reader . Main constarint is I dont want a button on which user clicks to send an email, nor I want an outlook or some screen open ups with the to and sunect filled up and ask user to click on send button,(this ha sbeena chieved).

I just want a mail to be send automatically when a user opens an adobe form.

thanks

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

If you have developed the Adobe form using SFP transaction you can use any of the FM for mail sending code.

eg - SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1

I guess there is no such functionality in which you can directly send mail to any user. We can do this using a pop or Outlook but that has already being achieved by you.

This cant be handled at the client side, it should be done at the server side. We can do 1 thing when any data being populated in an Adobe form comes from SAP at  that time we can trigger a mail using any mail sending FM  and can send a mail.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Rajender for the prompt answer, Main problem is end user dont hv sap access he only gets client static adobe form via a mail, and the requirement is when he opens the form my clients wants a confirmation that he has opened the form via a mail.

We have suggested to use webservice but this works wtih acrobat reader, which client dont want. We cannot have workflow implemented as end user does not have sap access. BSP application also fials because o this reason.:(

We have writtent the script to send the mail without click of the button, but we dont want end user to press a button to send it. Mail should be send automatically when ens user opens the form.

Thanks again.

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

As u said that it is a static form, how will be it possible to send a mail automatically.I guess this may not be allowed due to security issues.

If this is possible  then anybody would send a mail to anyone. Due to security reason this automatic mail sending would not be possible.We will have to make use of some back end or interface.Directly sending it from client side is not possible.

Please update me if you get  any other solution.