cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can some one tell me what is the procedure for selective deletion of records from the Cube.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement , where I have to bring data from ODS 1 ( contains 26 weeks of daily data ) and ODS 2 ( contains history data ) to one Info cube. I will convert the daily data from ODS1 into weekly once I load it into cube.

Now , in week 1 , I will do a full load to pull ODS 2 into Info cube. And an init for ODS 1.

When I move to Week 2. I will do a delta for ODS 1 . But it will contain 26 weeks + 1 weeks oldest data. At the ODS level , the oldest weeks data is moved from ODS 1 to ODS 2 . So at the cube level , I need to delete that oldest weeks data.

Let me know if this can be taken care by selective deletion.

Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you should be able to do this by making a selection on your time characteristic. Since it will be a weekly process for you, you may want to look at automating by creating a program using transaction DELETE_FACTS.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this be able to delete oldest 7 days of records.

Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean records which have been in the InfoCube for more than 7 days?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides deleting entire requests, you also have the option of deleting data according to business-orientated aspects from the fact table. For example, you can delete the data for a cost center or of a customer even if these are spread over several requests.

In the tabstrip 'Contents', choose the pushbutton 'Selective Deletion'. In the selection screen then choose the pushbutton 'DeleteSelections' and here put your deletion parameters, schedule in background...and, voilà, that's it: fact table records that correspond to these restrictions are deleted.

Ah, remember that if you delete data selectively from an InfoCube, the aggregate belonging to this InfoCube is automatically deleted.

Hope it helps !

Bye,

Roberto

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Select your InfoCube > right click > Manage > Contents Tab. Here you will see a button for Selective Deletion. Clcik this and it opens up another screen for making the selections. Click on Delete Selection and here you can make the selections for the data that has to be deleted. After putting in the selections click on Execute to come back to the previous screen. Here you can click on Start, or Selection (to start as a background job).

Hope this helps...