Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger or Crossgate or B2B Addons?

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are in the process of migrating our Gentran EDI Interfaces to SAP PI. We have been using Seeburger AS2 adapter for an external non-EDI connection. But, to migrate all the EDI interfaces full fledge, which is the better choice - Seeburger (we still need to buy BIC module) or Crossgate or B2B Addons? We would like to implement/maintain these interfaces internally and not outsource it to SAP totally. So, please suggest the best option with the proper justification.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

SAP PI recently launched B2B Add on (needs extra License Cost) to perform B2B communications. Before that SAP PI has the options like Seeburger / Advantco....these 3rd party (Different companies which also need extra licensing cost) adapters to achieve B2B requirements and these adapters are compatible with SAP PI. In present either you can go for SAP B2B Add on / these 3rd party products.

Seeburger is already a proven and very much stable solution for B2B and EDI communications. It has presence of more than 25 years in this platform. Seeburger also works with SAP in a very good way.

I have used B2B Add on and also found good and no doubt ready to compete with other leaders, but as it is new may be couple of changes / upgrades will be done by SAP.

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your suggestions...

Mike, My friend said Crossgate can be used to develop EDI interfaces in-house. Not sure why did you rule out that?

Nabendu, Can you please throw more light on the B2B Addons?? Does all Standard EDI transactions are being supported by the B2B Addons? Can the standard mappings shipped with B2B addons be modified if required? Are these not a part of RDS (Rapid Deployment Solutions), which means outsourcing it totally to SAP?

Thanks

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joe,

Just curious to know the outcome. Which product did you choose?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,  I think, Seeburger is not bad as a product but if you look at it from future perspective B2B add on is a better option.  Thanks & regards, Sambaran

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joe,

Please have a look at my blog. Maybe it helps you with your choice.

URL: http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2013/04/23/the-sap-pi-b2b-add-on-edi-capabilities-...

In case of questions, please revert back to me.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your response and clarification. Now, I think we've all details except the price to decide the better option.

@Katrin, Can you tell me where can I find the price and support options for the SAP B2B ADDONs?

KatrinVonAhsen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

please get in touch with your SAP Account Manager or your SAP Value Added Reseller for pricing information.

Best regards,

Katrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your response.  We are considering the latest version of IBM Sterling B2B Integrator to replace our present EDI tool.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/commerce/b2b/products/b2b-integrator/features.html?S_CMP=wspace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Perhaps it's good to mention and for the completeness of this discussion to be aware of the fact that SAPii (Crossgate) still rely on SAP PI/PO functionality for webservice connectivity and process/messaging orchestration. So even if you choose for an off-premises B2B SAP solution you will need an additional middleware or ESB platform (on- or off-premises) in order to support webservice connectivity to SAPii. That's ofcourse if you are using webservices and/or BPM as part of your B2B integration solution.

Regards, Roberto

KatrinVonAhsen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

SAP delivers choice to customers regarding B2B integration solutions ranging from a managed service offering (SAP Information Interchange OnDemand, aka Crossgate), on premise solutions (SAP NetWeaver Process Integration/ Orchestration with B2B adapters) and the combination of both.

The B2B Integration Strategy Paper gives guidance allowing you to identify the right solution for your needs.

If you prefer to choose an on premise solution the SAP B2B add-on for PI/PO delivers you the following benefits:

• Just a single add-on allowing you to run PI/PO as B2B gateway solution
  • Tight integration of SAP B2B add-on with PI/PO stack (e.g. local monitoring, configuration)
  • Ease of deployment and maintenance
  • Use of SAP standard technologies and development tools only
  • Enables single vendor strategy
  • Strong roadmap and investments from SAP

Best regards,

Katrin - an SAP employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe, we are exactly in the same situation as you were. In your case, it is Gentran but in my case I’m using AMTrix by Axway.

Totally we have about 25 inbound and outbound EDI  maps in AMTrix. We are using PI7.3 for all non EDI partners. We want to eliminate AMTrix and are presently evaluating whether to purchase Crossgate or B2B addons or Advanco or SeeBurger.  Can you please let me know which one is the best choice?

Thanks

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

since you are already using SAP XI/PI for other interfaces, I would suggest to also handle the EDI traffic in the same way directly on the PI platform, which means Crossgate would not be an option.

The other 3 tools should have similar functionality inside PI, although the Seeburger EDI-Adapters are available since the beginning of PI, they are proven in many implementations and have become the "de facto" standard for EDI on PI over the years.

Unfortunately I cannot say much about Advantco or the B2B AddOn as I have not worked myself with these toos.

Let me know if you have any further questions about the Seeburger-Tools and I will try to answer them.

Kind Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please let me identify myself as an Advantco employee.  I agree with Mr. Hilpp above that since you are already using PI it will be best to handle EDI traffic in the same way on your PI platform. 

As for which solution you choose to implement, that is a matter of preference for you and your company.  Please feel free to contact me and I will answer any questions you have on the Advantco offerings.

Best Regards,

Brandt

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, please let me identify myself as a Seeburger employee.  I do agree with the comment that the best choice depends upon your company's integration strategy.  You also, however, need to look at your technology and business environment. If you do not want to outsource this function, then you need to look at whether you want your B2B to be run within your PI environment or as a separate solution. If you want to run this within your PI environment, your choices are pretty clear - there aren't that many vendors that implement in this fashion.  The one self-promotion that I will offer is that Seeburger has been providing B2B adapters for PI/XI since XI was first released.  This is our primary business, and our products are the result of 25+ years of doing B2B.  They just work, period - and we have hundreds of clients using them in production.  You also have the advantage of already using the AS2 adapter, and your additional investment would be limited to the addition of the BIC, as you mentioned, which will give you true any-to-any translation capabilities - not just limited to XML-to-any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

....., which is the better choice - Seeburger (we still need to buy BIC module) or Crossgate or B2B Addons? We would like to implement/maintain these interfaces internally and not outsource it to SAP totally.

Thanks in advance.

The best choice really depends on your company's (B2B) integration strategy. The above mentioned products SAP information interchange - SAP ii (off-premises), formerly known as Crossgate and SAP B2B addons (on-premises) are both excellent alternatives for traditional B2B platforms such as Seeburger or Axway. I would say if you have a SAP rich landscape then moving those B2B interfaces into a SAP product is not a bad idea, however, if you are looking for "proven-solutions" then you might want to make a different choice.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>and not outsource it to SAP totally. So, please suggest the best option with the proper justification.

then crossgate is out so b2b addon or seeburger -

sap has invested a lot into b2b and will keep on doing that so in terms of:

a) future functionality

b) future human resources (seeburger will have less and less)

it might be a good choice to move to b2b addon already for a start and not in 2-3 years,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk