cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I noticed an issue with 'Secure variables' in our queries. We have a char. called 'Seller' in our queries.

A secure variable 'ZSLLR' was created on this char. in one of the queries created against a cube.

Then a query was created on an Info object 'Customer' of which 'Seller' was an attribute. When i tried to secure 'Seller', i couldn't find 'ZSLLR' in the list of variables. I had to create a new secure variable 'ZSLLR1' for the 'Seller' characteristic.

We then created a query on an Infoset which had 'Customer' info object as one of its components. When i tried to secure 'Seller', i coudln't see 'ZSLLR' and 'ZSLLR1'. So, i had to create another secure variable 'ZSLLR2' on the same 'Seller' char.

The issue is we have been securing 'Distribution Channel' in each of these queries. I can see the same secure variable on Distr. Channel on each of these queries. But for some reason, i don't see all of the secure variables created on the 'Seller'.

George.

Message was edited by: George Smith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Just to confirm: The technical name of the InfoObejct Seller is the same in all the queries you are talking about...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Yes, the Technical name of 'Seller' is the same. The descriptions of the info object is same for the queries created on Info object and Infoset. If thats an issue (Which i don't think it is), even then i should still see 'ZSLLR1' and ZSLLR2' in both these queries.

George.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have same issue with different Object. I am not able to see all variables for Posting Date. I need one and I dont see it in Query Designer for this Infoset. I know for sure it is there as I can see it in Query Designer for other InfoProviders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was there every a resolution to this issue? I am having the same issue with an infoset I created. For certain infoobjects not all of the variables are available in the query.

Answers (0)