Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Method and Cancel and keep workitem in inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Below is what I am struggling with.

I have a workflow for incoming invoice.When the invoice is scanned a user decision will go to the AP processor with below options:

1. Do XXX

2. Do YYY

3. Cancel and end the process

4. Cancel and keep workitem in inbox.

I have a before secondary method to this user decision to display the scanned invoice image.In case of option 1 and 2 I have another dialog workitem which will open some SAP transactions for AP processors to create invoice in SAP and this dialog workitem has advance with dialog option set.This dialog workitem also has a after secondary method to close the window whiich has the scanned invoice opened during user decision and after option 3 also I have a background method which is also to close the open scanned invoice window.All this is working fine.

Now the new requirement is that when the AP processor clicks on option 4.Cancel and keep workitem in inbox,the scanned invoice window opened by before secondary method is not closing as there is no window closing method which will run after option 4. like in other three options.I have to achieve this with out disturbing other three options. Especially first 2 options as the AP processors want the scanned invoice to be open until they finish creating invoice in SAP.

As the option 4 is a default user decision option,I am not knowing how to control this option from workflow or how to close the open window after option 4.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Jhansi.

Edited by: Jhansikiran on Jul 21, 2010 2:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can try to use Workflow Program Exit for your requirement.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arghadip.

I have never used workflow program exit but I will make some research and see if I can use it in this case.

Regards,

Jhansi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

I tried to use the program exit as suggested by you but for that as a first step I wanted to create a class and include the interface IF_SWF_IFS_WORKITEM_EXIT in it but I get a message which says interface IF_SWF_IFS_WORKITEM_EXIT does not exist. Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks,

Jhansi

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arghadip,

I was using the same blog as my reference but the problem is the standard interface mentioned in that blog does not exist.

We are on ECC 6.0 EhP2.

Thanks,

Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The page where you copied the class name from has IF_SWF_IFS_WORKITEM_EXIT spelt wrong at a certain place. Just verify the spelling and see if it works.

Thanks.

Vipin.

Edited by: Vipin Varghese on Jul 23, 2010 3:01 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is better of you do a binding From Workflow to Task of Business Object IMAGE which will give you a link for displaying the Image.

Please note that Secondary method gets executed along with the main task which in your case in the launch of the decision Task.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Arghadip,

I already have attachment as link on workitem and the requirement is to have the image opened along with user decision even if there is attachment.As it is workflow is fine and its in production. users now need the window auto close option on cancel and keep workitem.

Thanks,

Jhansi.