Current Verions: Crystal Reports 126.96.36.1998
New Data Provider being used: MSOLEDBSQL
Old Provider: OLESQLDB
Problem encountered: Some seems to run as expected (more testing needed), A specific group of reports exhibit exactly the same condition described in this previous post
The very last post from Balorm provides links to access what he had found.Under the highlighted Red area list the R2A SP6 incremental that I believe he was speaking of. Following the link returns a not found. It appear that in the post referenced above the link to access the update there was discussion, specifically a post by Don Williams on Sep 21, 2009 at 04:00 PM which acknowledged a changed needing made in CR.
I understand that some of this discussion is related to person of the original post using a different data provider (SQL Native Client 10). They mentioned using the DataTypeCompatibility option as I have having no affect. Being that the situations are VERY similar in nature and the outcome the original poster and we are encountering I was hoping this may be a valid alternative for us as well.
Could a moderator please review this to see if the patch may work for Microsofts MSOLEDBSQL driver as well and possibly provide us knowledge of access and requirements.
Ah, that's the problem... As of CR 2008, next version after CR XI R2, we no longer install craxdrt.dll, the COM RDC Report engine. We only install the Embedded Report Designer craxddrt.dll into the VS IDE, and we don't install it with any of our runtime.
As for TLE 1.2 I wrote a KBA on how to:
2269180- Disabling TLS 1.0 may cause Crystal Reports Designer and .NET application to fail to connect to your MS SQL Server Database 2012/2014
So why it partially works using the old MDAC Client I don't know, likely due to simple tables etc.
When MS created the SQL Native 11 client they renamed the dll, CR XI R2 does not know of this change, we ahd to update our DB drivers so it did not use the Generic Join types, which may explain why some reports work.
To get CR Reports to recognize TLS 1.2 and the Native 11 client you have to manually update each report to fully support TLS 1.2.
So why it works on your Dev PC is likely because it's all there, for the runtime we don't distribute craxdrt or craxddrt dll's so the app will never work. And you are no longer Licensed to distribute the RDC and Viewer.
Only option is to upgrade the CR Parts of your app and use the CR for VS .NET runtime. There is no direct conversion from the RDC to .NET.
To help you convert have a look at the Printer and Parameter test app's on the WIKI, link above.
Your only option is to delay your release and upgrade your app to use CR .NET..
You are using the last patch CR XI R2 released.
There is no fix for XI R2 for that OLE dB issue, it was fixed in CR 2008 and above.
Time to upgrade to CR for VS, works with VS 2010->2019
As noted, the reason is doesn't work is because Microsoft changed the behaviour after XI R2 ended patch cycle so it will never work for you.
Only option is to upgrade CR and runtime or use ODBC.
I see you also tagged TLS, you'll never get that old MS OLE DB Provider to work with TLS1.2, it does not support it. You need to upgrade to MS SQL Native 11 client to use tls 1.2.