cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM command line tool failed to deploy after administrator password changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Recently when I logged onto VA as Administrator, VA said my password has expired so I have to change password. But after that, when I deployed my application via SDM command line tool, the SDM command line said deployment failed since authentication failed. I don't know whether there's a method to specify the userid and password while using SDM command line deploying apps. After that I tried to reset my administrator's password via NWA, but since I haven't filled in the email field of administrator, I lost the password and could never log on VA again!

So my questions are:

1. Is there a method to solve the SDM command line tool's authentication failure after administrator's password changed?

2. Is there any method help me to specify administrator's password, or get back my old password?

Any discussing post is welcome. Help~

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191418
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

You might have changed "administrator" password from VA or User management accessed through

URL > http://hostname:port/

The J2EE Engine administrator password is stored in the User Management Engine (UME) (See SAP Note 715371). All tools that are external to the J2EE Engine read the J2EE Engine administrator password from the secure store. If the J2EE Engine administrator password is changed, it is automatically changed in the UME, but not in the secure store.

To Change the administrator password, do the following:

1. Start the Config Tool by executing the /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance name>/j2ee/configtool/configtool script file.

2. Select secure store.

3. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

4. Enter the J2EE Engine administrator user new password in the Value field and choose Add.

5. Choose File -> Apply to save the data.

6. Restart the J2EE Engine.

TO change SDM password:

IF you are able to access SDM using Remotegui.bat under usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program

go to Repository > change SDM password

else

1. login at os level using <sid>adm

2. In command prompt, browse to folder usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program

3. use the command, "sdm.sh changepassword sdmhome=usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program newpassword=<new_password>"

Hope this helps

Satish Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mothukuru,

You helped me solved my SDM's problem.

But still I have one more question, that is - how can I get back my administrator's password? I mean, I've lost my administrator's password after I reset the password in the UME console.

Could anyone tell me if I have any method to get the current administrator's password? Or I need to reinstall my Web AS?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

former_member191418
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

First of all I would like to say... never ever ever think of reinstalling system for any such problems... there is always a way out for any problem.

Coming to your case, If you dont remember Administrator password, you can change the administrator password in UME console or Visual Administrator.After that change the same in Config tool using the above mentioned procedure.

If you want SDM password to be the same as administrator password, use the above procedure for changing password.

I dont think there is a way to retrieve the old Administrator password.

Note: Reward Points for the solution given to previous SDM problem, even for this post if useful.

Cheers !!!

Satish Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've resolved the problem by activating the super admin account "sap*" and then set initial password for the "administrator" account.

Points already rewarded.

Best Regards

former_member191418
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

good to learn that you solved the problem.

Generally, super admin account is activated when administrator account is locked and no user can login to Visual admin.

anyways, well done.

Cheers !!!

Satish Kumar.