Recently when I logged onto VA as Administrator, VA said my password has expired so I have to change password. But after that, when I deployed my application via SDM command line tool, the SDM command line said deployment failed since authentication failed. I don't know whether there's a method to specify the userid and password while using SDM command line deploying apps. After that I tried to reset my administrator's password via NWA, but since I haven't filled in the email field of administrator, I lost the password and could never log on VA again!
So my questions are:
1. Is there a method to solve the SDM command line tool's authentication failure after administrator's password changed?
2. Is there any method help me to specify administrator's password, or get back my old password?
Any discussing post is welcome. Help~
You might have changed "administrator" password from VA or User management accessed through
URL > http://hostname:port/
The J2EE Engine administrator password is stored in the User Management Engine (UME) (See SAP Note 715371). All tools that are external to the J2EE Engine read the J2EE Engine administrator password from the secure store. If the J2EE Engine administrator password is changed, it is automatically changed in the UME, but not in the secure store.
To Change the administrator password, do the following:
1. Start the Config Tool by executing the /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance name>/j2ee/configtool/configtool script file.
2. Select secure store.
3. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.
4. Enter the J2EE Engine administrator user new password in the Value field and choose Add.
5. Choose File -> Apply to save the data.
6. Restart the J2EE Engine.
TO change SDM password:
IF you are able to access SDM using Remotegui.bat under usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program
go to Repository > change SDM password
1. login at os level using <sid>adm
2. In command prompt, browse to folder usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program
3. use the command, "sdm.sh changepassword sdmhome=usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program newpassword=<new_password>"
Hope this helps