cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll bars in Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We are developing an external facing portal. In a particular page, we have iviews which are of type URL. We have set that URL and not embedded because whenever an event occurs in that iview, the entire page will be refreshed but we want only that particular iview to be refreshed.

Because of this we get a scroll bar in the iview and that scroll bar is not for the entire page i.e., masthead, toolarea, TLN.....similar to that of SDN pages...How to make it set for the entire page instead of appearing only for the iview.....

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To hide the scroll bar:

Change the iView properties:

Display -> Object

Property Category -> " Appearance-Size"

Set the Height Type -> "Automatic"

Regards,

Kathiresan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganish,

First, make sure that the iview size (in Appearance-Size) content area is sufficient to display your content.

Then, in the iviews that you have in the Page, just try to set "SHOW TRAY" Property of each iview in properties of that iview to "NO". It will remove vertical scroll of the iview.

Also checkout this webblog about scroll bar when using URL isolation.

Quote from SAP Darrell Merryweather:

"Normal content generally isn't a problem because the scrollbars will only appear if the content extends past the height of the page, however, this is also dependant on client browsers, etc, so the main scrollbar cannot be completely guaranteed to dissappear. However, the inner scrollbar (which is what the blog talks about) shouldn't be a problem because the content is added to the main page and therefore the page is flat, so inner scrollbars shouldn't be an issue .Like the other people said, also remove the tray in the iview properties, although I don't think that the tray has scrollbars, but its been a while since we used the tray on an iview, so I can't be 100% certain".

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your reply!

When Darrell says the main scrollbar, I think it is referred to the scrollbar that comes for the whole page as in SDN. If the content exceeds past the height, that is fully understandable. I dont want the scrollbar which is appearing in the iview beneath the TLN.. I have started working based on the blog. Update once it has been done.

I have totally avoided the usage of tray in iviews, so no vertical scroll issues...

Thanks,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SDN,

Has someone followed this particular blog? I am not able to see the Lightworkareaiview class in the par file...Also what are all the dependent jars....

I need to implement to get rid of this inner scroll bars....

Regards,

Ganesh N