cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting Tracker - SAP Window not found

BPatterson
Explorer

Hello, I've used the Scripting Tracker for many years and very much appreciate the tool and it's capabilities.  I figured out today that I'm using a super old version (2.30), but it still works great, with the exception of an issue I ran into today that I've never seen before.  I click on the "Scan scripting objects of all sessions (Alt+S)" button and it's not finding the window I'm working in at the moment.  I've got many SAP systems and it works on most, but I've only run into this for the first time today.  Is this something anyone else has seen before?  Thanks, in advance!

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @BPatterson,

have you checked whether all the prerequisites for running SAP GUI Scripting are met?
Does the SAP GUI Scripting Recorder from your SAP GUI for Windows work?

Best regards
Stefan

View Entire Topic
thomas_mller13
Participant

What Do you mean by "working on"? As far as I can remember it is not possible to track a busy window. But the API lets you know if a window is busy. In my own C++ GUI tracker I  therefore exclude busy windows from tracking.

Regards, Thomas

BPatterson
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Thomas. I've got the SAP system open that I'm trying to use the scripting tracker in. I don't have a script running and I'm not actually doing anything in the window actively. I'm just trying to use the scripting tracker as it works in many other SAP systems I work in. I've just never seen the scripting tracker tool not "see" an SAP system before. That's what I'm lost with. The tracker tool is great and will help me with my scripting efforts, but the tool is currently not working with a specific SAP system (I have multiple that I use and others work just fine). Thanks for your input.
stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @BPatterson,

thanks for your reply. All seems to be well, without Scripting Tracker is finding one SAP GUI session.

Please open in the Tracker the menu item Tools > Running Object Table (ROT)...

A dialog should open showing two entries for each open session. One SAPFRONT and one SAPFRONT-... SAPGUI must also be visible.

stefan_schnell_0-1718251655417.png

Here an example with four open sessions in two connections.

Are the two entries (SAPFRONT and SAPFRONT-...) visible for all open sessions in your case?

Thanks and best regards
Stefan

BPatterson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @stefan_schnell,

I'm not able to look at that information in the tool.  The File menu only has the option to exit.  The Tools menu only has the options for Scan and Always on Top.  The Help menu only has the options for Help and About.  All of the drop down options are also the button options that are visible in the screenshot below.  I don't know who in my company to contact for supporting use of the tool because I had a coworker send it my way many years ago and that coworker is no longer here to even ask where he got it.  Fortunately, this will help my case to push my development efforts in the better path than the direction I was looking to go anyway.  Thanks for your support in looking into this.  I'm not sure I see any reason to further investigate.  I don't even have the ability to update the tool myself with my company's security policies that are in place.

BPatterson_0-1718287953266.png