cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM TPVS implementation in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of our customers is trying to implement SAP Supply Chain Management / Transport Planning & Vehicle Scheduling. I understand that with an External Facing Portal, it has to be light and does not support the Business Packages/Webdynpro content. The users will be outside the network, and need an external Web application to access the backend R3 systems. Even if we want to consider an internal portal(which won't be an option), with the users VPN'ing in- I don't see an associated Business Package. What are my options?

thanks,

Sudhir

Edited by: Sudhir Avirneni on Jan 29, 2008 10:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going with the VPN option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do understand there's only one type of BPs available. How ever I don't see a BP available for Supply Chain Management(SCM) content. Since this is used by mostly external users(like delivery drivers) we don't want to go for the VPN option, and our internal portal hosts our HR content, to do a reverse proxy(and compromise security). So, is the External Portal with custom content(JavaDynPro etc) is a good and secure option? Or are there any other packages available from SAP to deal with SCM?

thanks,

Sudhir

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With External Facing Portal, you can use BPs and WD apps, don't worry.

You then have to use a Reverse Proxy to enable outside access to your portal or as you said, you can use VPN to get users into your network.

If you found your BPs (Business Packs), then import them into portal and configure them as described on their guides, then try to access within Intranet

I want ot understand that, BPs are not veries according to portal access methods. There are only one kind BPs which has no type. Just download and install, whatever access method you use, it'll be same.

For Extranet, please use a Reverse Proxy like Apache and have fun!