cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule process chain for Several days a week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BI Goeroe's!

I am working on a BI 7.0 system at the moment and I was wondering if it is possible to schedule a certain process chain for several days a week. On tuesday, thursday and friday for example.

I have allready looked at the start date restriction option but the necesarry selection isn't present here. I was wondering if there is a solution for this problem in the new BI 7.0?

Hopefully someone has a solution for me!

Thanks in advance.

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Best option is to have a Factory Calendar for tohse three days and make the process chain run using the factory calendar. It should work just fine

regards

Vin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Till now the solution I was searching for is still not given. What I am looking for is a much easier possibility as that you all are giving. The solutions you all have given me are not BI 7.0 specific, these solutions also worked for the BI 3.5 version. I've been told that there is a specific much easier solution in BI 7.0 by only clicking on a button and schedule a process chain for exampe for three days a week.

Do anyone know if there is a specific BI 7.0 solution for this problem or is the source which said this to me not trustable?

Thanks in advance!

Kindest regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyone who knows of this function exists?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens.

Another simple solution could be to add 3 start processes to the same process chain. Then set the first to start tuesday with periodic value weekly, the second to thursday also weekly and so on.

Hope it helps.

BR

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lots of solutions if you search this forum for "schedule process chain".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been searching for this before starting this topic, but I didn't find a specific answer to my question.

Can you give me a link where I can find a targeted solution for my problem?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help B R and Stefan! I'm going to find out if I can solve it whit your examples!

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this:

The link shows how to schedule 3 times a day, but you can modify to run three days a week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GEO!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this using event chain.

1. Make your chain(exising) run based on an EVENT(create event at SM62)

2. Create an ABAP program, include your logic to raise an EVENT(Use FM: BP_EVENT_RAISE to raise event).

3. Create one more process chain and include above program. Schedule this chain every day. Based on logic in ABAP progam raises event to start actual chain.

Regards,

B