cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule on behalf of other users not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user who needs to schedule reports so that another user is the owner of the schedule. I can do this as a member of the administrators group and it works fine for me. I tried to give his group the 'schedule on behalf of other users' right, which according to the admin guide appears that it should do exactly what he wants. However, when he schedules for the other user he still shows as the owner.

Is there another right needed to get this to work for him?

We are on BI 4.1 fp06.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where you have given these rights?BO CMC->Folders->General->?

or you can try with creating Delegate Administrator in CMC.

Delegated administration in SAP BI 4.0 SP4 | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a particular public folder that he and his group administers, and his group has been granted this right on that folder via a custom access level (that has other rights related to administering that folder and related user groups).

I will be checking out the article re: delegated admin as this is what we are trying to accomplish via these access levels and groups.  We've had these set up this way since we were in xi 3.1 or maybe even before, although I did try to review them when we upgraded.  I know one of my colleagues looking into the multi-tenant administration, but felt for some reason that it didn't apply to our situation, so if this is the same thing it may not help.

Thanks!