cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule background job for condition evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Could you tell me where can I configure background job for condition evaluation in workflow customization? Right now workflow engine calls this background job periodically via report 'RSWWCOND'. I would like to define my own time interval so that workflow engine calls it according to the time set by me.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Virat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

• Did you try to check by executing the transaction SWWCOND_INSERT.
  • Did you try to check by executing the transaction SWW_DISPSWWCOND to display scheduled condition background job.

Regards

Pavan

Message was edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasper,

It is working with SM36 but here in my case,  its like a standard feature which I would like to tranport for all our customers.

Regards, Virat

jasper_blok
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Virat.

Check out: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1753473

Jobs cannot be transported and need to be scheduled on every system you want them to run.

Regards,

Jasper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasper,

Thanks now let me explain the detail scenrio,

If there is any error in agent determination via rule then i wants to cancel/complete the workitem straightway.

For this,

1)  I am setting one parameter(exception = abap_true) in workflow container.

2)  In conditions tab at task, I am using this parameter to set condition for completion of the workitem.

Now everything works but workflow does this check periodically and i dont know where exactly to customize this period, because currently it is taking longer time.

Regards, Virat

jasper_blok
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virat.

As said earlier, the periodicity of the job can be changed in SM36 or SM37, if needed schedule a job for rswwcond with a specific variant to only check the task for which you want to have the conditions checked.

Regards,

Jasper

PS, if your real problem is that the workflow should continue if there is a problem with the agent determination, why don't you build the rule inside a method and pass the result (agents or no agents) back to the workflow so the task you want to complete can be skipped with a condition.

jasper_blok
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virat.

Have you tried to schedule the job in SM36?

Regards,

Jasper