Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenarios when a Webi Schedule fails

deshmukh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can someone please share all the scenarios when a scheduled report fails.

Recently one of schedules failed which was scheduled (using Windows AD details) to a shared drive using my Windows AD details. I think my Windows AD password was changed around that time.

Also during that time i changed the folder of the report. But i am not very sure which of this caused the issue.

So likewise i wanted to know all the scenarios when a schedule fails.

PS: i have the admin rights.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't give you all the scenarios, here are a couple off the top of my head:

DB password changes, windows pw changes, heavy load on system causing the schedule to fall too far outside its scheduled time, database down/slow/connection changed/etc, volume on system, system sizing, network issues/latency, output folders set to network share causing slowdowns, cache folders set to network share causing slowdowns, job server failure, etc. I missed a ton of other reasons.

deshmukh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Really thanks for listing out some of the scenarios. I am also curious to know any of the below mentioned scenarios (that i mentioned in the initial post) are also the reasons for a schedule failure.

"Recently one of schedules failed which was scheduled (using Windows AD details) to a shared drive using my Windows AD details. I think my Windows AD password was changed around that time.

Also during that time i changed the folder of the report. But i am not very sure which of this caused the issue."