cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale to Page Setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I wanted to inquire about the "automatic - scale to page " setting in WEBI. How does this exactly work? In the report that I'm working with, when I set the page scale to 1 page, everything fits in to one page, but when I change to automatic the columns become large and flow to the next page.  Please advise on the best practice with regards to this setting.

I am on BO 4.1 SP 5

Thanks

Aadil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello Mohammed,

At first I would like to know which option you are mentioning in this post there are two options in Scale To Page

Width and the Height

Normally we manipulate the Scale to Page with width option when we have a CrossTab in our report and we want all the data to be displayed in one page Horizontally.

Height comes into picture when you want your vertically tabular data to get fit in one page but please note that there is a limit on the number of rows that can get fit in one page depending on the type of paper you selected.

You can adjust the number of rows and columns that should get fit in one page under Display Tab as shown in attached screen shot.

When you select those Scale to Page Automatic you are asking Webi to get the desired page layout to work on the way which webi wants as we have width and height of each and every object in the report.

So to brief you When its automatic Webi decides if it should go to one or multiple pages depending on size of each object when you set it to 1 Page you are forcing it to get fit in one page(Provided those number of rows and column should fit in one page depending on paper size).

Hope I was able to explain.

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Niraj. So just to clarify when we set it '1 page' it ignores the sizes that we have given to different elements?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes to an extent we can say that...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at this best practice blog: