cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBWP Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Using SBWP I can access my SAP inbox. Is it possible to have a generic inbox that can be accesses by multiple user?

Thanks,

Shammi Puri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a work center (OTYPE = 'A'), assign users to the work center and configure task assignment of workflow tasks to use the work center. All users belonging to the work center will see the work items in SBWP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Samuli for your reply.

I got your idea. This way every user belonging to that work center will see the item in their Inbox and can act upon it ( as they all are the possible agents ).

So I guess , correct me if I am wrong , its not possible to have a generic inbox which multiple users

can access. Every inbox belongs to only one SAP user id.

former_member209217
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having a generic Inbox seems to be impossible in SAP System. we can have work items which can be shared /sent across multiple users but having a common generic inbox for all the users is a complex one. Data Privacy and consistency also comes into picture and a question on security too...

Creating a Work center and assigning the users to it would be the best possible way to do it

Best Regards,

Lakshman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses. Very helpful and cleared my doubt.

Thanks once again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shammy,

Make it simple way of understanding.

SAP inbox = offical mail id.

Your official mail will not available to all.Its unique.

May be if you have a requirement of common user SAP inbox.Make use of Same user for all workflows and notifications.(But its make all your workflowsss Customizedddd...)

Regards,

Ragav

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sammy

Here is the reason why we cannot have a common inbox accessed by multiple users:

Work item 1 goes to user A

Work item 2 goes to user B

Now if we want that 1 and 2 goes to a common inbox which is accessible to A,B and C, even if we do so, standard workflow will NOT allow user A or C to execute Work item 2 and same for Work item 1 -> except for A, no one else will be allowed to execute the same. These are inbuilt checks.

Workaround -> as mentioned by Samuli or you can also try the following:

Have a common User created and send the work item to that user. The access to it can be done by multiple authorized personnel (however, such access has to be checked in-accordance to SAP Licensing agreement).

Regards,

Modak