cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Variant from Transaction iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to save variants though portal transaction iview. Right now I can select already saved variants from transaction iview but cannot save a new variant from portal transaction iview.

Is it feasible to save new variants from portal transaction iview?

Thanks

Deb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

I don't think that option is possible. The iview will point to a given T-code. The variant can be saved provided you have the right authorizations. However, the iview will not be able to load this variant.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

The user has full authorization in ECC system. From ECC I can save variant for the transactions.

But when I am running the transactions from portal via SAP GUI for HTML, I could not find any option to save new variants for the transactions from portal. But I can load already created variants which exitst for this transaction from portal.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

try to do the following:

1. Start the iView

2. Type u201CCtrl+Su201D to get the variant screen. If it switches to this screen, than the transaction is so programmed in the ECC backend.

There is other way to check, where the problem exists: run sap gui for html directly on the backend:

1. Go to SICF on the ECC backend

2. Search for WEBGUI service. It should be located in /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/

3. Test this service with right mouse click -> SAP GUI for HTML will starting in the browser

4. Try to start you transaction direct there u2013 if you donu2019t see the selection of variants, than the problem is in ECC backend and not in the iView.

Regards

Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for the ifo. I pressed u201CCtrl+Su201D and the transaction iview is going to the variant screen. But I cannot find any way to save new variant there.

Is there any simple way to save variants from transaction iview like we have when we run the transaction directly via SAP GUI.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb

Check following settings for the transaction in ECC

1. Start SE93

2. Select the transaction you want to bind to iView

3. Check following parameters, they should be activated:

- Inherit GUI attributes

- Professional User Transaction

- GUI Support: SAPGUI for HTML, JAVA und Windows

4. Save the transaction

5. Start the iView again

Regards

Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

From the iview selection screen, when u press Ctrl+S you will be directed to the Variant attribute screen.

Enter the variant name and description and again press Ctrl+S. you will have the new variant available in the drop down of Get variant.

Pranitha C

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of SAP Transaction iView have you created?

Letu2019s assume, that you created a SAP Transaction iView using iVew Wizard and selected the SAP GUI for HTML.

You can create any Variants in this iView, if in the T-code or Report this function is enabled. Otherwise it could be a problem in missing Authorizations for this t-code or report in the backend system for the user, which runs the iView.

Regards

Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestion from anyone if this is feasible?