cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving and distributing a WEB Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all you experts,

I have a BSP, which drives a WEB report running BEX Queries. The selections for the query run are built off selection tabs and passed to the query via the web template. Once the query runs the users can use the context menus to swap, drill and reformat as required, using the standard functions available. The user wants to save these formatting and attribute changes, along with the selections originally made so they can call up the same report again.

I think I can use the Table Interface classes / methods to get this information and save it against a userid and I hope to save the original selections as a content start string to be passed in the URL.

Has anybody done any of this? Are there any code examples? Have I got the right approach?

Would be very grateful for all comments.

Regards

Nev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about running the web reports in a seperate iframe and use the standard Bex/Web report ways of saving things. More info can be found in the BI forums.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy

since I posted my question and prompted by your reply (thanks very much) I'm now trying to build the standard WEB Analyzer functions for SAVE View and OPEN View into my current WEB template - it looks very promising but I'm having trouble as usual!

The functions are in the WEB Analyzer (0ANALYZER) and seem to be provided by 0ANALYZER_LINKS - do you think I can just include these in my existing template? I seem to be able to save the template with the links in but they are not appearing on my page. You mention running the reports in a separate frame - can you expand?

regards and thanks

Neville

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All - Just for info...

Since I started this thread I've managed to do the following:-

- I've got a BSP which runs a page allowing users to build a selction for a query.

- The selection is run in a BEX Query from a bespoke web template and displayed in a results frame

- Ive added Save View and Open View functionality to the web template so users can save their view along with their navigation status.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Nev

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Raja

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not sure about saving the actions done within the webtemplate.

but as you said that you collect the variable values from BSP page and pass it to the webtemplate url, you could as well collect these (selection variable values) from the BSP page and store it in a Ztable along with user name and query name.

We have done similar thing. Do you have any problem in doing that?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Raja - and yes my approach would be as you suggested for the selection varaibles - I'll save them to a custom table with the userid and a name entered by the user (like a variant), I'll put a tab on the application for this. The biggest win, however, would be to save the formatting and drill changes they have made as well - that's what I'm struggling with.

Regards

Nev

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not simply use the CMD=PERSONALIZE of webtemplate. they system would take care of saving the navigation,etc.

more on this read the online help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/59/22813b731fd60ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Raja