cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved default Parameter values not appearing in Run Time version of report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a report in Crystal 2008 and set up a number of parameters. I supplied each of them with a default value. I check it out in Crystal Reports and a nice looking window opens up that shows all my parameters with the default values. I save the report and open it within our application and upon pressing print, a plain looking box appears that lists my parameters but none of the saved values are included. Is this a problem with my version of Crystal Reports (ver. 12.2.0.290) that I can get an update for to fix; Or, is this a problem with the crviewer.dll that we are running in our application (ver 11.0.0.1282, dated March 8, 2005)?

I'm worried about updating to the latest Crystal 2008 crviewer.dll because I've read where it is only for reports with Saved Data and that won't work for us. We need the ability to refresh the data on the reports.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are using VB6 as the dev tool. In our program we state that we support Crystal 11. When I did some testing I noted that Crystal 2008 reports ran fine with the crviewer.dll that we are currently using. I had not discovered this problem until today. I'm presuming that it's the old crviewer is the cause of this issue but don't know that for sure. Thanks for you assistance.

EDIT:

Oh, and the parameter values I saved are all static values.

Edited by: Mike Allgeier on Aug 26, 2011 7:09 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

It likely is the viewer causing the problem. 2008 now has cascading parameters and the activex viewer does not support them.

All I can suggest is you try CR XI R2 which you can upgrade for free, you have to contact CIC to get a keycode to deploy your app, and test again.

R2 is out of support now so no fixes available...

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreports/crxir2_sp4_full_bld_0-20008684.exe

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreports/CRYSTALREPORTS06_0-20008684.EXE

Thanks

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Don. I'll try that.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Moved to Legacy SDK forum. Crviewer is the ActiveX viewer and not supported in CR 2008 runtime.

So need more info and clarification on what SDK you are using and in what Dev Tool?

Don