Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 Overflow Toolbar behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using a sap.m.OverflowToolbar as headerToolbar on a sap.m.Table

The Toolbar contains a sap.m.SegmentedButton, a sap.m.ToolbarSpacer and a sap.m.SearchField.

It always shows the overflow icon instead of the controls within the OverflowToolbar, even if the controls use less than half of the toolbar width.

I also added a sap.m.OverFlowToolbarLayoutData to the controls to affect the overflow behavior. This also showed no effect unless I assigned the priority sap.m.OverflowToolbarPriority.NeverOverflow which is the same as using sap.m.Toolbar instead of sap.m.OverflowToolbar.

Is there any Workaround for sap.m.OverflowToolbar?

Regards,

Anjana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

what is the width you are giving for SearchField? Decrease the width for SearchFeild if you are giving 100%.

Regards,

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

<SearchField id="searchtab" liveChange="onFilter" placeholder="Search by Material No. or Desc">

<layoutData><OverflowToolbarLayoutData minWidth="200px" maxWidth="300px" shrinkable="true"/></layoutData>

</SearchField> 

This is what I had given.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

Give width for SerachFeild try with different values where overflow will not happen in full screen.

Regards,

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a catch.... This problem occurs only in Chrome and not in IE or Blisk or other browsers.

What could be the reason behind this? Is there some workaround for chrome alone?

Regards,

Anjana