cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSPRINT.EXE Problem while Printing as LOCL from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

Could someone let me know the solution on Error that we are experiencinng on SAPGUI 620,640,710 for Printing from SAP when selected as LOCL .

I have already been through the SAP Notes , 894444, 821519, 841175, 868913 and 901244.

Have defined the Access Method G but still I see that we are encountring the same problem.

Error Message: sapsprint.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close .We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Device settings for local printing should be as follows:

DeviceAttributes:

Device Type: SAPWIN : Rel.4.x/SAPlpd 4.09+ ONLY!

Device Class: Standard Printer

HostSpoolAccMethod:

Host Spool Access Method: F: Printing on frontend computer

Host Printer: __Default

OutputAttributes:

Print Mode: DEFAULT: Print default setting

Paper Tray: Default tray

Also make sure that there is a default printer defined on your workstation (it could be a local printer as well as network one).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Payal,

We have chaned the Access Method to G as per the SAP Note but see that nothing happens better its still the same, One thing I have observed is the Spool request is in Waiting state rather we used to get an error message as SAPSPRINT.EXE was unable to process the request but after defining the Access method I see that SAP is not able to process the Spool Request , Its in the Waiting state.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Payal,

Thanks for the Note , we have already checked that SAP Note and found nothing Interesting , Trace files is not giving enough information to truobleshoot the issue.

As you can see I have been through all the SAP Notes they have on SAPSPRINT and have not found any clue on this problem the best thing is our Landscape matches the prerequiste of SAP for Kernel and Support Pack level.

Have no idea as to how to go ahead with this !!

Regs,

Sai Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Pls try with changing Access method and let me know the result.

Regards,

Payal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Check follwing note if it can be useful.

Note 946209 - Analyzing SAPSprint problems

Regards,

Payal