Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI 3 - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an error

"com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessagingException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"

Does anyone have any idea as to why that is occuring and what I can do about it.

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

I was in a similar situation.

The problem was two fold :

1 There was an error in XML mapping due to which at runtime the engine wasn't able to resolve & go into some loop.

Solution : Redid the entire Data Type definition & Mapping Interface.

2 Memory shortage for Queue.

Solution : Double the parameter value ztta/max_memreq_MB

Hope this helps.

Homiar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

Have you monitored the memory usage of the j2ee processes while their running? I wonder if there are OS kernel parameters related to process memory limits preventing the J2EE stuff from allocating the memory it needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger

Thank you very much for your response.

We have already increased memory to the maximum possible of 1024MB and restarted/resent the XML message a few times. The error is still comining up. Incidently the message is only 0.5 MB and is being send synchronously.

Also we are spilting the message into individual records (600 individual records) and using a BAPI to check each record and then post all once there are no errors in the check.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you restart the J2EE engine (or maybe only the adapter) then you can try to restart the message and it should work for now. But actually you have to increase your memory settings, otherwise this will happen at anytime again.

Regards

Holger