cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP travel mgmt workflow WS20000050

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using SAP travel mgmt workflow WS20000050. The workflow is workign fine except we have some issues to meet our customer requirements

1) When the employees manager approves or rejects the travel request, a mail is sent to the employees inbox( SBWP). We want this to come in UWL in portal

Any idea as to how this can be achieved ?

2) The standard workflow is a one stage approval. For international travel, the customer wants it to be a two stage approval , where the first approval will be the immediate superior and after his approval the travel request should go to MD of the company.

Any ideas how i can modify the workflow , copy it and change it. Need to know how to add the new reuirement . I am new to workflows.

Kidnly suggest. your help is appreciated.

Regards

PN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same requirement i.e. Need 2 level of approval for international travel can you tell how u made it.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above options are very good , i can give one more suggestion.Check for Employee Grade using Trip BO in the looping condtion and then make agent assignment for 2nd line approval through rule.

If more details needed plz mail me because i have done this.

At last if solution ok provide me points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandran,

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate if you can give details of the same.

Regards

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

About the first point i don't have an idea because we are not using EP.

About second point what you can do is Create is Job in OM and assign it to MD's position and in your WF create one attribute which differentiate between domestic and international trip and then in your WF create two activity one for checking the attribute and other for sending it to MD for approval.

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kjetil/Atul

Thanks for the replies. I have configured UWL and it works fine for Leave Approval. What i am trying to convey is , since a mail is sent it does not appear in UWL. If a notification is sent then the same appears in UWL.

Atul, i will just check abt the details you have sent. Thanks for the inputs.

Appreciate your help

Regards

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi atul,

I am new to workflows. Can u pls elaborate how to go about adding an attribute or activity in workflow. I can see i can add activity through SWDD but am not sure how to add the attribute.

Regards

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PN,

You can go to SWO1 enter the Object no. for trip i think its BUS2089 then create a subtype with ZBUS2089 and delegate this to BUS2089. Than you can go to change mode of ZBUS2089 add new Attributes.

Atul

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh... I see (or at least I think I do).

You wonder why the e-mail does not appear in the UWL.

Simple and short answer: because it should not.

Longer answer: UWL was not designed as a general-purpose inbox, therefore e-mails are by default not available. However, the design of UWL is nice in that it allows you to create your own plug-ins for "document" sources, and SAP has even provided an example implementation which does exactly what you are looking for. This is (used to be) downloadable, so check the <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads">Downloads section</a> or search for UWL plug-in or something similar (or, hint-hint, search for SONiC - SAP Office Notifications Connector)

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question 1: Configure UWL to receive work items from the system. Documentation is provided by SAP, it is not difficult once your system landscape has been defined.

I assume you have made UWL available for the users, otherwise you need to do that as well. Again, read the documentation and you will find the information you need.