cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Transaction iView OK in preview NOT in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create a SAP Transaction iView. Following the steps in help and from the blog everybody seems to refer to.

I can preview the iView OK on setup. So it seems that System and Alias are OK.

BUT when I logon as a user on the Portal with that iVew it fails with the error - indicating Alias not set up correctly - BUT it does work fine under preview when I initially set up the ivew.

"Unable to lookup System 'SAPDBEAlias'. Please check the system object and the alias.."

SAP Help for SAP Transactional iView

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/f9e1ac7da0ee4587d79e8de7584966/frameset.htm

SAP Blog for the same

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think I have checked Strong Cryptography - note that the message says that only perhaps this is the reason. So I do not think it is

Does anybody know where the security log files are located - then I might be able to figure it out.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subruto was correct on this. Thanks and points to him.

For time being I have set back to weak encryption - the error on the User Mapping has gone away and I was able to map a user to the Alias.

However I still get my original message !

<b>"unable to lookup System 'SAPDBEAlias'. Please check the system object and the alias.."</b>

The DefaultTRC log file shows this error

<i>Source Name : com.sap.portal.ivs.semantic.systemLandscape

Thread : SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9

Message : Failed to get alias mappers sub context in the Portal Registry</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Even after the User Mapping is done if the message appears this way, seems like the user does not have access permissions for the system.Edit the system Permissions and see if Everyone or atleast the specific user has read/write permissions on the system.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had already tried this. I had set the SAPsystem and even the iView itself with OWNER for that user in an attempt... But that did not work.

I have noticed that for the user the personalize User Mapping does not display a SAPsystem - I have read the doco on this and it should appear if the UserMapping is done - I believe that my UserMapping is correct as I can see that user set correctly against the SAPsystem Alias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I again tried setting SAPsystem permissions this time to READ (instead of OWNER) for this one user (I will set at group level later) and this now works.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

while installing the portal have you checked Strong cryptography for which u need java cryptographic toolkit.

and also need to configure webas give search on cryptography in SDN.

just check .

with regards

subrato kundu

Former Member
0 Kudos

In User Administration > Usermapping I see this error

<b><i>There is a configuration issue which leads to problems when accessing user mapping data for the selected backend system 'SAPDBEAlias'. Usually, the reason is user mapping being configured for strong encryption, but the necessary additional files being missing. Check the security log file for further information and hints on how to solve the problem.[/</i>b]

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Peter,

Did you specify user mapping for the user you are logging in. if not then pls go to user administration>user mapping and do the required user mapping .

regards

vaishali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

It seems what u have done is correct only. Try this also

1.Check the user mapping

2.Refer this link

Regards

gEorgE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Have you done usermapping with the user in which you are logging in.If not do so and give it a try.

Regards

Rajeev.