cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP structures and tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is an SAP structure different from a table? Can data in a structure be accessed via se16 or a similar function? I would like to pull up purchase req line item descriptions (accessed via me53n) quickly by importing a list of purchase req numbers and having it generate the corresponding descriptions (without having to enter each one individually through me53n).

thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Structure : will get the memory/buffer during run time.

Tables : Consists memory you can fetch values at any time.

You can't access data from a structure using SE16.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

A group of logically related fields are joined together to make a Dictionary Elemnet called Struture.

Structures cannot store group of records But it can able to hold a SINGLE record.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ac/3547360f2ea61fe10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Kam

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Structures are just a skeleton of the data. It is how the data is being stored. The structure consists of fields with certain data characteristics. Tables actuall store the data in the database, in some cases, tables can "include" structures, which is just defining how the table looks. No data can be accessed in SE16 for structures.

You can access purchase req data via table EBAN.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

SAP table is a place where the data can be stored which uses any SAP structure.Since there is no data can be stored in the structure ,there is no chance of extracting data or accessing data through any transaction code.

Regarding the Purchase req data,you can extract the data from the table EBAN.

Hope this would help you.

furlan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey!

Basiclly, a structure does not have data and table does. A structure is a set of fields, and you can access that fields in your program using:

structure-field1 = value1.

structure-fiels2 = value2.

structure-fieldn = valuen.

So, you can not access an structure by SE16, it's not make sense. You can view the definitions of structure using SE11 transaction.

Regarding your doubt in ME53N, I didn't understand your question.

Best regards!

Furlan